XIV: Guardian

*6 years ago*

"Ryujin-ah walk faster, Sir Jinyoung is really pissed."

"It's not our fault the boys hid their devices last night." i said to her.

"I know, but he'll get more mad if we didn't get back there asap." the girl said while running.

We're on our highschool retreat yet we're called back to the lounge for scolding. Some of our classmates didn't surrender their gadgets that's why our teacher's mad. I looked over at Yujin who's currently worried about the situation. The lecture didn't last long because we need to do our next activity. The activity includes exploring the site alone while trying to write a letter to him, up there. I ran down the stairs since no one is around here.

I suddenly froze when i saw a beautiful woman sitting alone on the bench. Our eyes met and she immediately flashed me a smile so i did the same, but awkwardly. I sat down on the bench in front of her and tried to focus on my work. I kept stealing glances at her. She looks so elegant and fierce at the same time. She caught me looking at her so immediately looked away but she chuckled.

"You're one of the students from the retreat?" i nodded.

I can tell she's really pretty even with the veil on her head. She's a nun here.

"May i know if you believe in God?" and again, i just nodded.

"So you do know about guardian angels?"

"Well, i watched lots of shows about them." i responded. She let out a chuckle and sat beside me.

"You know already that they're always by your side, but did you know you could name them?", i gave her a shocked look. I never really thought about that nor their existence.

"I can see that you're a good kid just by how you acted towards me."

"Some teens like you are afraid of nuns or even churches, i still wonder why,"

I laughed at what she said but she just smiled at me. She looks more like an angel.

"Alright, I'll leave now so you can finish that soon. I hope you do well."

i smiled as a watched her walk up the stairs. "Wait!" i called. "May i know your name?" it's rare to meet such nice people in life that's why i don't want to forget her.

"Jisoo."

I opened my eyes. Was i dreaming? A pain in the head followed when i got up. My whole body aches too maybe because of last night. Speaking of that, i went to the living room to look for Yeji but she's nowhere to be seen. Instead i saw a red-headed girl standing in front of me shocked as i was. It was the figure i saw last night! I'm about to approach her but suddenly i felt weak. My vision started to get blurry till everything went black.

"Ryuddaeng~ wake up, hey baby~" I heard her voice so i opened my eyes. I remember waking up earlier but I can't recall what happened next. Weird. "You okay?" i saw her worried and gave her a peck on the lips.

"How is my Yeddeong-ah?"

"I'm tired."

"Did the training go well?"

"Yes but we went home early. I was so tired from last night i couldn't fight for long." she said while pouting. Haha, so cute.

"Oh Winter called me coz she said you won't answer her. She reminded me of our date with Karina this Saturday."

"She's too excited." i responded as i saw her missed calls on my phone. I texted her saying i was asleep and she replied "K >:(" within a few minutes.

My mind is slowly remembering the dream i had when i was sleeping. Yujin, my best friend who left me here in the country after graduating. I wonder how she is now.

I tried hard to remember the other parts of it including the lady in my dream. My mind couldn't process how she looked like again but I'm sure i met her once.

"Guardian angels..." i mumbled. I've seen 2 demons in my life so I don't doubt their existence anymore. I'm still thinking about it when i remembered something very important.

"Chae.. chaeryeong," that's the name i gave my angel even though i didn't completely believe they exist. It's when Sister Irene left I kept smiling on my empty paper like a fool when i thought of what she said to me.

I still remember that day i met that nun who looks like an angel.

I noticed Yeji just staring at me so i stopped. Your girlfriend needs your attention Shin Ryujin, you've been sleeping all day.

I got up stretching my arms before stealing a kiss from Yeji's lips. "One more."

-----

Yeji's POV

I found Ryujin still sleeping on the bed so i decided to wake her up. I got home early because i got worried after Winter called me saying Ryujin wouldn't answer. That's very unusual for her and it's already 3pm in the afternoon.

She slept for more than 12 hours already, i just knew it had something to do about last night.

"Chae.. Chaeryeong," she mumbled. What is she talking about? I was about to speak when she kissed me. I guess i have to get used to this human girlfriend of mine who can't get enough of my lips.

"Ryuddaeng, how are you?" i keep asking her everyday but she won't tell me the truth.

"I told you, aside from my black hair i don't see anything weird happening to me and i don't feel hurt."

"See? I'm still your strong Ryuddaeng. Or you don't believe it?" she said while flexing her fake muscles.

"Stop it, Ryuddaeng,"

"I can show it to you, baby. Right here, right now." she said as she grinned at me. I can't with her being like this. I can't give in to her again or else it might badly affect her body and she wouldn't be able to take it. Though i'm craving more and more for her touch, i have to control it for her safety.

"I love youuuu so much, my Yeddeong~"

I still haven't said it back to her after she told me many times. I feel bad but i just couldn't bring myself saying those exact words to her. I just hugged her tight like i always do.

We stayed like that for minutes and i couldn't wish for anything more. I could feel my chest hurting because of my overflowing love for her.

We stared at each other without breaking our hug then i kissed her softly on the lips, eyes closed. I love you.