XII: Playing with Fire

Ryujin's POV

It's been 3 days since we last went to the beach. Me and Jisu are heading to the restaurant for our lunch. Why do i always lose to our bets?
There aren't many customers inside so we got to order as soon as we arrived. I helped her carry the bags containing our food for today.

She doesn't speak to me much since we went home from the beach. We both remained quiet while walking back to our building.

Yuna and Yeji are currently out of town for their training. Yeji has been also quiet towards me but she's more touchy, i guess that's fine with me. About my hair, they noticed it the day after and i just said i tried to do mixed dye like artists do.

I ended up dying my hair fully black so that they wouldn't ask anymore. Yeji said it suits me that's why i wasn't that sad of letting go my blonde hair.

------

"Ryujin-ah," Winter called me. She showed me her phone with a hug smile on her face. She's showing me a picture of a pretty girl with a long black wavy hair.

"Karina?" she nodded real fast. So she found her already.

"By the way, i showed her to Yeji and she's the one she met at the mall."

"I told her we 4 should go out this weekend." She already planned everything...

"Did Karina say yes?" i asked to tease her.

"Mmhm, we've been texting for like 2 days now."

"Good for you, Minjeong-ah," i said then pat her head.

"Also, I'm gonna ask Yeji first if we're--" i haven't finished when she interrupted me. "She already said yes!"

It's funny how they knew we are already dating even though I wasn't planning to tell them that soon. That's also the reason why Jisu isn't talking to me that much.

She's still worried about what might happen to me. I kept reassuring her but she won't buy anything i say. The lines on my chest are growing day by day but i still don't feel anything.

I got lost in my thoughts when my phone rang. I answered Yuna's call.

"Hey, how are you two?"

"Ryujin unnie! We picked tangerines for you~"

"You didn't steal those?"

"Noooo, we saw a father with his two kids picking them and they let us pick some too. They're really nice" i sighed in relief because the last time those two brought home food, it was just a lost basket they took. Poor owners...

"Bye, I'll see you later,"

"Bye, unnie~"

I put back my phone inside my bag when Lia sat down beside me. She's holding a deck of cards and shuffled them.

"Ryujin, i want you to gamble with me." she seemed serious.

"What's happening?" i confusedly asked her.

"Beat me in a game of poker. If you win, I won't be in your way with Yeji but if i do, i want you to burn your contract with her." my eyes widened at what she said. Our friends are also here and they're all shocked at what she said.

"Ryujin, what is she talking about?" Felix asked.

"Calm down, Lia." i tried to hold her but she refused.