IX: Beach

Ryujin's POV

It's been almost a month since Yeji lived with me. Nothing dangerous happened and she's now more friendly than before. About that matter in the underworld, i never asked her about it maybe because I'm afraid that she'll have to go?

I looked at her packing her things. Winter invited us to go the resort she owns. We'll stay there for 2 days and 1 night. Jisu and Yuna are also doing fine. They let Yuna and Yeji come with us.

"Ryuddaeng, can i bring hatt with me?" yep she named the cat plushie i bought her.

I just nodded at her and continued packing. The doorbell rang, it must be Jisu and Yuna. We're gonna ride Irene unnis's car on the way there.

"Ryujin unnie!" Yuna excitedly ran to me. She gave me a hug then ran to Yeji. She doesn't seem like a demon to me.

"Yeji unnie, Lia unnie bought me this top." she calls her Lia? i guess they've gotten so close.

After a few more minutes, we all got inside Lia's car. I'm on the passenger seat while the two are in the back. The weather is great so we decided to do open-air. Yuna and Yeji were amazed when the roof is being retracted. I called Soyeon to tell we're on the way. On the way, i kept taking pictures of Lia and the two in the back. We had a stop over so i took more pictures. I took a great picture of Yeji and Yuna where they're both smiling widely.

Yuna then offered to take a picture of me but Yeji took the camera before she can take it. Oh well... Yeji took pictures of me, then me and Jisu. She gave the camera to Yuna and told me to take a picture with her. Yuna is smiling while taking the pictures so i told her it's her and Jisu's turn.

"Jisu is cute and pretty," Yeji complimented that surprised me.

"You are prettier Yeji." Jisu complimented back.

"No, I'm the prettiest here!" Yuna said while pouting at us. This cute baby.

-----

After an hour, we arrived at the resort. We parked and took our things. Felix and Soobin came to fetch us and help carry our belongings. They said Yuqi, Miyeon and Kai will also be there. I know them because they're Soyeon and Soobin's friends.

---

Yuna's POV

I'm feeling excited to see the beach for the first time. Hell is boring. I'm helping Jisu unnie carry our things. I'm watching how Yeji unnie acts different around Ryujin. It seems she's not the Yeji i know. She also held her arm and i can feel she's frightened of something. I just hope she's not confused that might affect our initial plan. We demons, aren't capable of love. Maybe I'm just overlooking things.

---

Ryujin's POV

"RJ!" Winter approached me.

"Did something happened or?" i'm confused.

"What? i can't greet you now?" she replied. She then smiled at Yeji and opened her arms. As i expected, Yeji didn't hug her. Well, but Yuna did. She's still bugging Yeji about Karina even Yeji said she didn't know.

"Hey, Jisu and Ryujin" Chan greeted us.

"Long time no see." i told him. We're not that close.

Jisu asked where is Miyeon and Yuqi and they said they bought alcohol. We only met one time at Soyeon's birthday party. Soyeon led us to our rooms for the night. One for Jisu and Yuna, one for me and Yeji. The two demons jumped on the bed. Lazy ones...

"I'll call you when our food is ready," Soyeon said so we nodded. Ahhh I'm so hungry.

I looked at Jisu who's staring at the view outside. I walked towards her to see it for myself. I haven't bonded with this girl in a while now.

"Jisu-ya, tell me about your experience living with a demon."

"It's really great. Opposite on what i expected really. It's like i have a little sister who grew up in another country so i have to teach her everything." she said while laughing in between.

"I'm glad,"

Silence followed till she spoke again.

"It seems you and Yeji are getting really close." i looked away after she said that.

"If I don't know you two, I'd think you're a couple."

"You look good together. But I'm just worried for you Ryujin." she said. Her eyes are teary so i immediately put my hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"Hey, nothing's gonna happen to me okay? Don't cry please?" i went closer and let our heads touch each other. I closed my eyes as she closed hers. We stayed like that for seconds before we heard a knock. It was Soyeon saying the food is ready. She wiped her eyes and looked at me before going to Yuna.

Nothing's gonna happen Jisu, what you think is impossible.

-----

We're all in the water playing volleyball. It's not that hot since it's already 5 in the afternoon. I'm excited for the sunset. Yeji and Yuna are very competitive but we wouldn't let them win. We also told them not to use any power on us. The boys already started drinking even though we told them to start at night. The other girls are busy playing on the sand. And Winter...looking around hoping that her Karina is also here at the resort.

"Hey look over here!" Yuqi shouted at us holding a camera. We all smiled as she take us a picture. I went over there to borrow it. I asked Yeji and Yuna to pose. The sky is in pretty colors but they're prettier.  After a month of staying with them i still don't feel they're different. I've seen different sides of Yeji as i am with her daily. I just looked at her as she chases Yuna who took the ball from her. I just like the way she smiles, her eyes. I like the sound of her laugh.

"Woi RJ," i looked at Winter beside me. How did i not notice she got here?

"You like your Yeddeong-ah?"

"What? Winter don't tease me just because you can't find Karina." i said.

"You're so red right now. I'll just pretend Yeji won't melt because of your stares." she teased more before leaving me. Was i really blushing?

I like Yeji? No, Jisu is the one i like. Don't lie to yourself Shin Ryujin. Also why would i like the devil? it's just not possible. She won't even like me back. She doesn't have those emotions i know. Or maybe this is side effect of our contract? Aish, my head hurts. I was lost in my thoughts when the ball hit my face. Whew, I'm back to reality. I looked at Yuna who's currently biting her lip while making a peace sign. I just shook my head at her. Yeji laughs hard while pointing at me that I can't help but to laugh with her.

"You're inlove." Winter whispered as she passed by me.

"I'M NOT!" and she just laughed. That girl, I'm gonna get my revenge soon.

-----

It's dinner time so we're all gathered. I helped Yeji get her food before i get mine. They said we're all gonna drink after eating and sing since they've rented a karaoke machine.

"Yeji, what do you think of Ryujin?" i almost choked when Winter asked that question.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, as a-"

"Hey who cooked this chicken?" i interrupted them.

Winter just laughed and didn't continue to ask Yeji about it. I'm glad the topic's already changed too.

I'll kill you Winter.