chapter thirty-nine

Mason's POV

My eyes felt heavy as I tried my best to open them, I felt so held down for some reason and even though I could hear everything around me and I feel so awake I just can't seem to get my eyes open even when I want to do so badly for whatever reason it just seems impossible.

“Sage? Baby please stop yelling” I heard Amira say but I stayed motionless not that I had any other choice, “mommy Naomi says we should make noise maybe daddy will wake up then” he answers all too innocently and I just wanted to hug the life out of him. “I know pumpkin but give him a break yeah?” she tells him and there was no answer after that I could only imagine him pouting and hanging his head, I swear he's not four years old he's more like forty and I love him.

I so miss looking at them seeing them smile and happy even over the smallest things that warms my whole cold heart. I just want to not be in this state, I want to be able to be apart of everything once again this whole situation was taking time away from my family and god only knows how long I've been here for I was laying here like a mannequin with thoughts and it was and is getting overwhelming.

I felt weight on my chest and something tickling my face along with long exhale of breath on my neck and I know Sage was laying on me just by his little fingers poking my nose. I wanted to laugh at how weird he is but I just got to let it be maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to get my eyes open.

“daddy?” I hear him whisper softly “mommy said I should stop yelling but I've got something to tell you... I don't know if she'll be mad but I spilled juice on the Rolls Royce car seat” he says giggling just then my eyes slowly open as a smile form on my face at his little confession the romance was fairly dark but not dark to wear I couldn't see so my eyes quickly settled on the clear white ceiling.

I wanted to look at Sage but it was difficult to move so I tried moving my hands instead only to feel a tighter grip and as soon as I looked side ways I came eye to eye with Amira who was looking at me with disbelief maybe she thought I died. I smiled at her as she got up and literally jumped on me making me wince but nonetheless it was amazing to her face even though she looked like I was raised from the grave.

“mommy...you're squishing me” Sage complained as she pulled back crying and staring down me from a straddling position “hi” I say simply with a hoarse voice and Sage shot up with a similar expression to what Amira had a minute ago on his face. “daddy you're awake!?” he yells and started kissing my face and I chuckled “I guess” I voiced once more and Amira got off me and came back with a glass of water and a straw setting it at my lips and I drank some feeling a bit better.

“Sage do you remember where Naomi?” she asks him and he nods “will you go get her for me? tell her that your dad is awake” she says and nods once more and she helped him off the bed and he stormed out.

“you do know there's a button to call the nurses right?” I asked and she nods smiling and sitting on the bed beside me staring at me so I move to sit up a bit analyzing her. “how are you feeling?” she finally ask as I got more comfortable “great, I mean I'm not dead so...”I say and she hummed going back to straddling me once again “no pain? Headache?” she ask and this was getting weird and I just know there's something I'm not getting, “I'm fine mio amore I promise ” I tell her chuckling at her awkwardness.

“I really missed you, not knowing if you're gonna be okay was driving me crazy” she says and her voice cracks so I used my right hand to pull her into a hug as she started sobbing and I just held her. I could only imagine what she had gone through in whatever time I was out for and I just wanted to make up for ever minute she spend worrying because of me. I know this whole situation was out of my control but I still feel guilty for what happened to her because of those greedy people and the fact that I couldn't even get to hold her for a proper second when it was over and now I want to make sure she knows I'm fine and that I'll never leave her ever again.