11. I WANT MY ANSWERS

Aadhyas pov:

I opened my eyes when I listened to knock on the door.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the door.

I opened the door...I saw two middle-aged women standing there with some boxes and sarees.

They greeted me saying "namaskaaram amma gaaru(good morning madam)".

I also greeted them back with a smile replying " namaskaram Akka(Goodmorning sister)"

First women-"we are informed to keep these stuff in your room amma gaaru(madam), shall we?"

I moved away from the door and gave them away to enter the room. They kept all those stuff in the room.

"What are these?" I asked them.

Second woman-"As today you and Vishnu babu(sir) are getting married. These are all the jewellery and sarees needed for your wedding"

the first woman- we are informed to tell you that "After an hour there is a "Mangala snaanam (holy bath) ritual for which you have to get ready amma gaaru(mam)!"

Second woman-"The box placed in the right corner is the one which contains your jewellery and clothes which you need to wear for mangal snaanam(holy bath) amma gaaru(mam)!"

Thereupon they both left the room.

I went to the washroom and splashed cold water 💦 on my face...

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My face looked dull... My eyes had swollen due to crying. I soothed my eyes with the pad of my fingers looking into the mirror. I noticed a ring on my ring finger.
Little did I remember is shaurya didn't put the ring on my finger, due to a sudden power cut ring slipped from his hand. Then how does the ring get to my finger???

I examined the ring carefully. It's not the one that gauri aunty chose for me, I memorized it very well because aunty showed it to me the day before the engagement. I tried a lot to remove it but couldn't, it was glued to my finger. Thereon I gave up and stopped trying to remove it.

After coming out from the washroom I browsed those baskets, to wear something after bath. I checked all the boxes, all the boxes have heavy pattu(silk) sarees except the one in the right corner. That box has a simple yellow saree and jewellery. So I choose to wear it. I picked it and went for bathing.

I came out wearing a blouse and an inner skirt. It's so comfortable. Maybe for two days, I'm wearing my engagement lehenga. Correction!!!shattered engagement lehenga!!
It felt so relaxing and fresh after a nice hot shower...

Shit!!!!!!

I don't know how to wear a saree. But I convinced myself to wear it, as I don't have any other clothes to wear.
it's not a heavy one so I can try wearing it.
I tried to drape the saree properly.it didn't come out perfectly but it's good.
I heard a knock and I went to open the door.

The same women's from the last time who got that stuff are standing there.

One of the women said that,

Women-"Mam you are called for the mangal snaanam(holy bath) ritual"

Me-"I'm coming within some time"
Akka(Sister), can you please help me in wearing this saree, I feel it is not properly dropped."

They both came inside.

While they were adjusting my saree...
I enquired them speaking softly"what is this place? I mean where I'm I?"

They were quiet. They didn't reply to my question.

I repeated, "where am I?"

(I just know that it is Andhra because these two women dressing style resembles Andhra and their slang is like my village "Pulivendula".But I'm not sure.
I'm I in my village?)

They said in a unison " we are not allowed to speak with you"

Me-"what!! why?"

Now I'm pissed!!!

They didn't reply.

They are about to leave the room I shouted "I m not going to perform any kind of rituals. I'm not coming for mangala snaanam(holy bath)till I get all my answers. Inform this to that fucking!!! dog!!. I guess you are allowed to do this."

They left quietly...

For two days I didn't see any human except that dog!!

Now when I found these two women, they are not answering my single question. I'm getting mad!!!

I want to know the whereabouts of my parents. where would they be? Are they safe? what if he kills my parents after the wedding? I can't trust him!!

He is a vicious fox!!!

Many negative thoughts are running in my mind...

"You are not a weak girl Aadhya stay strong. you can escape from him.
Just stay strong" convincing myself I controlled my tears.

"I'm not gonna cry. I will surely make him pay for creating chaos in my life" I wiped my tears and scanned the room.

What a strange room..is this!!! This room doesn't have a single window.

My inner self laughed at me...You are feeling that this room is strange. But today you are going to marry that strange and Brutal man.

My thoughts broke when I heard a knock on the door......

((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I decided to update this chapter because this book is near 1k.

And thank you all for your votes and comments.

This chapter is dedicated to Jyotishikha08.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Love youuuuu all❤❤

Your Gulzaniya💜