GABRIELLA: 23

I strolled down to Tom's house and told him what has been going on these past few days. He insisted that I stay at his place but I told him, that I'll be fine.

"I'll miss you." Tom said quickly.

*giggle giggle*
"Really?" I said smiling.

We sat under the tree at his backyard and we're chatting.

"Do you remember when you touched me on my boobs?" I asked with a smile.

"Umm-, I do and I'm really sorry about that. I didn't know how to react that day." He said shyly.

"I'll miss you too." I finally said.

*****************

I called Lance and told him about the current situation. I told him not to worry and to focus on his education.

Mom has been in coma since that day.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It's graduation day and I can't go because I don't feel like going. I've been through a lot lately.

Mom's case has been reported to the police and investigation has already began.

**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**•**
*ring ring ring*

I picked up the phone from beside me.
The number was unknown.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked

"Gabby, listen to me!"

"Dad!!?"

"Listen, come pick me up at number 2 garden avenue. Towards jack o' villa, along...."

The line got disconnected.

"Dad? Dad!?" I yelled.
"What the heck is going on?" I asked rhetorically for the umpteenth time this week.

I packed my bag with some supplies and food, toiletries and clothes included. I bought some petrol because jack o' villa was in the outskirts of town.
I bought a camper incase of emergency. I took mom's ATM card and went on.

I ignited the car and off I went to rescue my Daddy!

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I kept Lance and Tom informed about my whereabouts.

I turned on my google map as I drove to an unknown place.

I stepped out of the vehicle as I arrived the garden avenue. I walked along the deserted street that smelled of dust. I could hear shuffling at a corner of a huge bungalow house.
I sneaked forward and avoided any form of noise.

"Hey, gimme the chicken dude!" A thug guy said.

He was fierce looking and wore tattoos all over, just like Derek.

" I haven't eaten today, so relax." Another replied.

I gazed around thorough a small hole by the window and at corner, was Dad.

Who looked like he was beat up and was starving. He was punched really hard to the point that his front teeth was out. Blood was everywhere around his mouth. He was shot on the leg and the blood had dried and turned black.
He struggled for breath as he laid on the ground.

I quietly sneaked away and went back to the car. I drove back to the hospital and then to the police station.

I told the cops about what I saw.

****

"So, was he shot or wounded?" One of the cops asked.

"Yeah. He was shot on the leg and was beaten up badly." I answered.

" I would like to rescue my father."
"By becoming an Informant."

The cops spat out his coffee immediately because of my statement.

"You wanna join the mafia?" He asked.

"Yes, but just until I've rescued my father." I answered.

"Nope, we can't let you do that."

"But..."

"But nothing. Now, leave the cops to do their job." He concluded.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I've always been stubborn. Mom is a living witness and so is Lance and Dad.

I went to the supermarket and bought some items.
A new watch, a purple teady bear, a purple slipper, a pack of pizza. A new perfume too, purple scrunchies and lipgloss. All bought with mom's credit card.

I packed them in a gift basket and walked down to Beth's house. Today is her birthday and I just want to give her the gift. I walked over to the front door and dropped the basket.

I read the note that I placed on the pizza one more time to check for grammar errors.

Just one bite won't add a pound. Enjoy your day. Even if its the last day you'll see me, I kept a picture of myself for you to remember. I also sent you one on WhatsApp.

I love you and always will.

- with love
Gabriella.💜

I dropped the gift, pressed the doorbell and quickly ran away from the door.

#^#^#^#^#^#^#^#^#^#^#^#^