GABRIELLA: Chapter 11

I got to school today and everyone was starting at me. What's going on? Is anything wrong?

Samantha approached me a while after I approached my locker.

"Gabby, look. This girl got accepted for the teens talent show. Her name is Belinda Harper." she said sharply

Imagine the disgrace. I bragged a lot about that teens talent award. And I told people that I was going to be the face of the #teenstalentmagazine but look at the humiliation.

Flashback

Twitter

@teenstalent
Submission for enrollment in the teens talent show is still on. Send your email, name and reason for submission to the C.E.O elizabethgrayson@gmail.com.

Flashback ends

I sent the CEO an email and checked for a response every day but she never replied and she picked some girl.

I lost my best friend and my dignity the same month, I just hope I haven't lost Peter.

I got back home and Mom handed me my phone. I was so happy. I switched it on and the messaged started popping in.

I had over 200 messages and I was curious to read them.

"Hey"
"Hope you're okay"
"I hope things are going well?"
"Gabby?"
"What's wrong?"

I read Peters texts and deep down it showed he cared for me.

"I'm okay, I got grounded and I didn't have my phone for weeks." I replied to him.

I went ahead to check my other messages.

@Sally
Hey Gabby, we haven't seen any post for some weeks now. I hope you're okay. Just know we're here to support you.

I read continually and I kept replying and replying to messages. For once, I got tired of looking at screens.

*Beep beep*
"Oh hey, I thought something bad happened. But I'm glad you're okay" peter replied

I was so happy to talk to him again.

~~~~~~
Since I and Beth started fighting, it's been really awkward for me. Anytime we passed eachother, we don't even look at eachother and anytime our eyes meet, Beth will immediately change directions and quickly take her glance off me.

I have no other choice than to talk to Tom, even though I'm still irritated by his presence. He seems pretty interested in me.
.
.
.

I walk over to my seat which was by the window.

"So, I see you and Beth aren't talking like before. Anything wrong?" Tom asked with concern all over his face.

"Mind your business. We are both fine." I snapped back at him

I knew he wanted to talk to me but I just wanted to play 'hard to get'.

" If you need to talk to someone, I'm always available." he replied

" Whatever." I muttered under my breath as I rolled my eyes.

The teacher walks into the class and the noise settles down

I could feel and see with my corner eyes that Tom was watching me throughout the whole class.

What's wrong with this dude?

*Ring ring*
I left the classroom and headed over to the cafeteria. I brought food from home so I didn't have to queue on the line.

I went over to sit by a table which was empty. I remembered how I and Beth would sit there together but now she stayed in her class or with other friends.

I was eating peacefully when Tom walked over.

"Hi!, may I?" He asked gesturing to the chair opposite mine

I just ignored him

He sat down and didn't mind my attitude

"Why do you have to be so rude to me?" He asked

" Just leave me alone." I urged

"I won't, until you answer my question." he persuaded while folding his arms.

I picked up my food and moved over to another table which was opposite the popular girls. He was about to come over to the table I moved to when Mindy and her girls came over.

"Look who it is. Gabriella."
"Well, where is poor Bethany," she teased.

"What do you want Mindy?" I asked.

"I saw your epic break-up and I just came to check if you're faring well." she said mischievously.

" Get away from me you bitch!" I yelled

She came close to my ear and whispered
" You will still pay for what you did to me"

" What?" I said in a hush tone

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

What do u think Gabby did to Mindy?

Hope you're enjoying the book. Feel free to share your thought with me privately or in the comments. ❣️

Don't forget to vote and share too