Chapter 14 - The Lake

Lady Monida tugged me through halls of the castle that I wasn't even aware existed. 

"May I ask where you are taking me?" I huffed trying to keep up with her long strides. Lady Monida had her clipboard in hand as usual. She strutted with her shoulders square and moved swiftly through the halls. I was practically jogging to keep up with her. 

"We are heading for the lake." She didn't bother to glance at me. 

"The castle has a lake?" I knew I sounded amazed. 

"It's part of the castle grounds," she confirmed. Lady Monida pushed open the door to the outside without holding it open for me. After recovering quickly from the door almost slamming into my face, I joined her outside. I didn't even have time to survey my surroundings as Lady Monida never slowed her pace. 

"May I also ask why we are going to this lake?" I strained to ask as we continued down a stone sidewalk that led us through a patch of trees. 

"We are here today to practice for your physical challenge." she explained as she abruptly stopped in her tracks. In the distance a huge area of water could be seen. In the middle of this lake was a patch of land and I looked in fascination as we neared it. 

"Wow," I breathed. We reached the sand and not even a few feet ahead of me was Elliot and Luke chatting lightly. 

"What are they doing here?" I asked rather rudely. 

"We get the chance to practice too," Luke answered offending hurt. 

I ignored him as I focused my attention on Lady Monida, "What is the physical challenge?" 

She sighed and scribbled on her clipboard, "You will have to swim, bike, and run." 

"Just like the triathlon." I noted. 

She nodded, "This is a much smaller track. The whole challenge is approximately one mile." 

"Okay," I absorbed that. "What are we working on today?" 

As if I said the magic word, both boys began to take off their shirts. My eyes went wide as I realized they were stripping. 

"Uh..." I began as my mouth hung open. I wanted to avert my eyes as I could already feel my face turning a darker shade of red. I couldn't seem to take my eyes away from the sight of the two gorgeously fit men in front of me. 

While it was true that I had seen Elliot shirtless before, this was completely different. Here, in good light, his well sculpted abdominal muscles were clearly visible and the same could be said for Luke. It was definitely a sight I could've gotten used to seeing. 

"You're staring," Luke whispered poking me in the side. I averted my eyes and cleared my throat.  

"Okay Princess, your turn," Elliot smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. I clutched my baggy shirt closer to my chest and rubbed my arms. Suddenly Lady Monida's strange request to wear my bikini made sense. 

"How about...no?" I suggested as which earned a glare from Lady Monida. It wasn't hard to imagine her scolding me about speaking properly. 

"Francesca, you must be prepared to enter the water. You will be swimming to the tiny island in the center in the lake and then you have to make your way back to shore. I suggest you become prepared for today's practice." Lady Monida instructed.  

I grabbed the hem of my shirt ready to lift when I spotted an enormous group of people carrying chairs and other things emerging from the cluster of trees. I huffed in announce immediately dropping the fabric of my top as I realized that not only had to strip for two abnormally good looking guys, but I also had to take off my clothes in front of a group of strangers. Fantastic...