Chapter 12: Friendly Meeting

Third Person POV

Within the dark room of our dear protagonist, all was silent except the sounds coming from his TV and the clicking sounds of his controller. The only light source was the screen he was so focused on.

There was a knocking on his door, and a few seconds later, the door opened and Aunt Jade poked her head into the room. "It's 7 a.m., what are you doing up so early?"

(Name) paused his game and looked confused for a split second until he shook his head. "I was...getting ready for school.."

His guardian stepped into the room and raised a brow. "You're on Winter Break. When was the last time you got 8 hours of sleep?"

"Uh...what day is it?"

"..Wednesday."

"Oh....then Thursday."

Aunt Jade shook her head as if she was disappointed and turned the light on, making her nephew hiss at the sudden light. "Get some rest, I have something I need you to do later."

Reluctantly powering off his console, he yawned softly. Now that the only think distracting him from being tired, he was now fully feeling the results. "What is it?"

"A friend of mine from high school is coming over to catch up later tonight. She says she has a daughter around your age so just don't scare the poor girl off and try to be friendly, okay?"

(Name), who was half asleep at this point, just shrugged. "Cool."

She smiled and clapped her hands. "I knew you'd understand." She kissed his forehead and then pointed to his bed. "Alright, get some sleep. They'll be here around 7 p.m. Make sure to dress nicely, but not too nicely, don't need that poor girl to be swept off of her feet."

She then left the room as (Name) dropped onto his bed and started drifting off.

It was then, that he realized what he had agreed to.

"Fuck."

Timeskip

(Name) sat in his room. Quiet music echoed off of the walls of the room. Running a hand through his hair, he leaned back in his chair. He had followed Aunt Jade's instructions on how to dress and had chosen something simple. (I'll let you decide what to wear.)

Hearing the sound of a car pulling into the driveway, he groaned softly and stood up. The male looked at himself in his mirror for a second before leaving his room and going downstairs.

"Willow, it's been such a long time!"

"It has. You look as young as ever."

"Flattery won't get you anywhere. Anyhoo...is this your daughter?"

Finally making it to the bottom step, he slipped his hands into his pocket and almost fainted at the sight of their guests.

One of them was a woman around Aunt Jade's age with fox features.

The other was...

"Ahri."

Said female looked over in his direction with a nervous smile and a small wave. She wore a white dress shirt under a beige sweater vest that was tucked into a black skirt.

Aunt Jade turned back to stare at (Name) with a wicked grin for a second before it turned back into a sweet smile.

'She planned this..' Was his single thought.

"Oh, is this your nephew?" Ahri's mother, now named Willow questioned.

(Name) trudged forward and Aunt Jade placed a hand atop his head. "Yep. This is (Name). Isn't he handsome?"