Chapter 5: Making Plans

After this chapter, I'll be renaming this story. It's 'Excitement' right now, but the new name will be 'Creve Coeur.'

(Name) POV

-The End of the Week-

"Okay class, today you'll be getting your tests back. Please do remember that this counted as 60% of your grade." Prof. Singed, as he liked to be called, informed us as he walked around the classroom, handing us back our test papers.

He got to me and placed my paper on my desk, giving me a look and then continuing on.

The fuck was that look for? I mentally asked myself and looked at my perfect grade, not letting my arrogance show in front of my classmates.

That could wait until I was alone.

Ahri leaned over and nudged me gently. In 1st period, she sat in front of me, but in 7th period, she we both sat near the back of the class with me next to the wall and her sitting at the table next to me.

Singed had us pick out partners Day 1 and she just sort of gravitated towards me as she didn't know a lot of people in this class. Ever since then, we had claimed the table no one else sat at and he hadn't made us move yet.

Sometimes we'd even listen to music while doing our work, which was honestly the best part of my day.

"Hey, what'd you make?" She asked with a smile, turning her paper over to reveal a 87/100 in red ink.

Pathetic.

I flipped my paper over without a word as she groaned, snatching the paper from my hand and started comparing answers. "How do you always get 100s..?" She grumbled.

Shrugging softly, I leaned back in my chair with an amused smile. "I study."

"Wait, really?"

"No. You're a smart girl Ahri, even you should've been able to detect the amount of bullshit in that sentence...just like you should've detected that #12 was B."

"Shut up! It was a hard question!" She defended herself, shoving my paper back over to me. "Since the test was so easy for you, why don't you tutor me?" She questioned sarcastically.

"Only if you keep suggesting songs for me to listen to."

She blinked a bit in confusion. "..really?"

I just nodded. "Really."

"Excuse me, the two chatterboxes in the back. I'm sure whatever conversation you're having is interesting, however I would greatly appreciate it if it could wait until after my class."

"Sorry Prof. Singed!" Ahri apologized while I just shrugged.

The teacher just sighed a bit and went back to talking. "As I was saying, in a few weeks, our school will be partaking in a field trip. Not all of the details have been made clear, but it would be pleasant if you could inform your parents or guardians in order to confirm that you can actually show up."

"Uh, but Professor," one of our classmates raised their hand, "most of us in here are 18, do we really need parental permission?"

"Please don't take that as me caring for your safety, young one, I was simply required to say that." Singed responded and then sat back down behind his desk. "Never mind that though, it seems we're almost out of time for the day. If you haven't finished the work assigned to you, please finish it before Monday and have it on my desk when you enter my class. That is all, all of you have a good weekend."

As soon as he finished his sentence, the bell rang. Everyone jumped out of their seats and rushed for the door, leaving the room empty excluding for Ahri and I.