Chapter 16: Ambivalence

I've been attempting to write this chapter for fucking forever now, so here it is

Third Person POV

"So...prom?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"My bad."

The Boyz™️ sat at a table at one of their many hangout spots, a small coffee shop with a cozy atmosphere.

They only discovered it because of Ezreal attempting to flirt with the sweet pink-haired barista while densely ignoring the blonde that held an obvious admiration for him.

Poor girl.

"No seriously," Rakan leaned forward curiously, "your prom is in how long?"

(Name) rolled his eyes, giving his friend a disinterested gaze. "Maybe a month...maybe a week...could be tomorrow."

"So don't you think that you should be getting a date?"

All Rakan got was a shrug in response. "I don't plan on-"

"I'll stop you right there." The vastaya cut him off and sighed while rubbing the bridge of his nose. "(Name), I've let you miss out on a lot because I understand that you're not the most social and lame as fuck-"

"Watch it."

"-but this is prom! In your senior year, at that!" Rakan cried out. "I'd be a terrible friend if I just let you miss it!"

"You haven't exactly been the best one before this honestly."

"Come on man!" Rakan chose to ignore his snark. "Even Ekko has a date!"

(Name)'s eyes drifted towards Ekko who was sipping on a large glass of chocolate milk. "How much did he pay her?"

Rakan just snickered. "Yasuo's going to wear a dress and be his date."

His gaze then went to Yasuo, who just shrugged. "Anything for the boys."

"Amen." All of them said simultaneously.

"Hey Ezreal, maybe you should ask the barista to prom? Maybe you'll have a chance?" Ekko suggested, finally coming away from his glass with a chocolate milk mustache adorning his upper lip.

Ezreal turned around in his seat, staring at the counter for a few seconds before turning his head to Ekko slowly. "...The guy?" He quietly asked while pointed towards a large man with muscles bigger than Ezreal's head.

"No, idiot!" Rakan hissed, grabbing Ezreal's head and forcing it to turn back to the counter. At the register was a women with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a kind smile on her face as she tended to a customer. She glanced over at the boys, more specifically Ezreal, and waved.

He slowly waved back before turning around once more. "I dunno.."

The boys at the table face palmed at their friend's stupidity.

"Hey, this isn't about me, this is about (Name) and his loser status!" The blonde said in an attempt to get the attention off of him.

"Did you just use 'loser' unironically?"

(Name) watched his friends begin to argue and sighed softly, wondering exactly how he managed to become part of this little group.

The ringing indicated by the door opening grabbed his attention, with him craning to see who had entered the establishment.

Every muscle in his body ceased movement at the sight of the person.

Ahri walked up to the counter accompanied by Evelynn, whom he hadn't seen in a while, and two other women.