Chapter Thirty One

~ After Warped Tour ~

Deanna never replied to any of my messages. She's been active enough on social media but so far hasnt said anything bad about me. Why has she just shut me out!?! Whatever, Im moving on. I've got my own life now. I've had an online tutor for a while now but Kellin said I had to start school, today is my first day and Im absolutely terrified. I honestly hate this idea. Its the worst idea I believe my parents have ever had. Ever. Im antisocial, shy and awkward and now they're sending me to a place which I have to stay in for the next 6 hours surrounded by strangers who are all taller than me and have probably killed people. They're basically putting me in prison for 6 hours everyday.

"Do I really have to go to school Mom? Im sure my online tutor would much rather keep me as her student, she's lost a student now therefore  she's losing money. Thats not fair on her!" I complain.
Katelynne laughs "She has many other students and I think this will be good for you! You can make some new friends and maybe even get a boyfriend!"
I roll my eyes "In order for me to get a boyfriend you'd have to dress an emo boy in a green day shirt and pay me."
Katelynne gets in the car "Im sure Kellin will be happy to hear that!"
I slide into the passenger seat beside her and put on my seatbelt "Why can I just stay home and live on the computer!?!"
Katelynne smiles "Because honey thats not healthy!"
I fold my arms across my chest "Neither are panic attacks, though Im sure I'll be having plenty of those today."
Katelynne rolls her eyes "Dont be ridiculous Star, you're gonna be fine!"
I look out of the car window and pull the sleeves of my white sweater down so I can scrunch them into balls in my hands. I then wipe my palms on my pale skinny jeans several times because my palms are getting clammy with nerves.

We arrive at the high school way quicker than I'd hoped and I have to say goodbye to my mom. She hugs me "Bye sweetie, have fun!"
I shrug "Or y'know, burn in hell."
Katelynne laughs and kisses my cheek "Make friends!"
I jump out of the car and wave at my mom before turning to face the building I will be trapped in for the next 6 hours. Its. Huge. Ha thats what she said! I clutch my shoulder bag and hope Im safe from all the murderers. A very loud bell sounds and suddenly children are running towards the building. I calmly walk towards the entrance and into the office.
"How can I help you dear?" The office lady asks.
I clear my throat "Hi umm...Im Star Quinn and Im starting this school today."
The office lady smiles "Its nice to meet you Star! I'll get your timetable printed out and we'll assign somebody to show you around."
I nod nervously. Oh god. Who's gonna have to show me around!?! Is it going to be a huge bully? A bitchy blonde brat? Regina Geor-
"Excuse me." A soft voice says from behind me.
I step to the side and blush "Oh uh...sorry..." I say quietly.
A beautiful boy steps forward, an emo boy with dark long-ish hair. He laughs "No worries." He says to me before turning to the office lady.
"Ah, hello Billie!" The office lady says, smiling up at the boy.
Billie smiles "Hey Audrey, look, did my mom bring my homework in or not?"
Audrey stands up and walks to the back of the office, she walks back towards us holding a large bag filled with papers. "Here ya go Billie!" She says, passing it over to Billie.
He tries to grab it but the bag slips from his hands and falls to the floor, sending papers everywhere. I automatically bend down and start picking them up for him. Billie bends down too and also picks up his papers. I hand him the papers I collected. "Thanks new girl!" He smiles at me.
I smile back "You're welcome Billie Joe!"
His jaw drops "Did you seriously just give me a nickname that just so happens to be the name of the lead singer of Green Day?"
I nod and laugh "Yup! Are you a Green Day fan?"
He nods excitedly "Gotta love Green Day man!"
We both stand up and Billie holds out his hand, I shake it " 'Til we meet again Billie Joe!"
He laughs and shakes my hand "I look forward to it new girl!" Then he turns and walks away. I think I just made a friend!