Chapter Thirteen

I dream about falling, never stopping and never slowing. Just falling. I try to reach for the hands that are trying to save me, but I cant grab them. I hit something hard, but I dont feel pain.

I hear some steady beeping and realize Im not falling anymore. My eyes feel tightly shut. I lick my lips. Ok my tongue works, cool. I try and move my fingers and feel a hand around mine. I try and wiggle the fingers on my other hand to feel another hand holding that one. I hear muffled sobs from both sides of me, a feminine one and a manly one that Im sure I've heard before...

I open my eyelids, using all my strength. "Where am I?" I ask hoarsely. I look around me and see Kellin is on my left, holding my hand and crying. Katelynne is holding my other hand and is also crying. They didnt hear me. I squeeze both of their hands and they look up. Kellin hugs me instantly and a searing pain shoots through my shoulder, I hiss and he pulls away.
"Im sorry, I forgot!" He cries.
I shake my head "Its fine, what happened?"
Katelynne speaks up "You're in hospital honey, you fell off of a ride at the fair. Miraculously, you only sprained your shoulder and have a few bruises on your back. Other than that, you're completely fine!"
I sigh with relief "Thank god, I can still go to Warped!"
Kellin smiles before bursting into tears again "Im so sorry Star! I tried to save you, I didnt try hard enough! You could be dead because I couldnt help you! Im so sorry!" He sobs
I pull him in for another hug "You tried Kellin, its ok. Im not dead, Im completely fine. Its not your fault Dad. Shh, dont cry." I comfort him, ignoring the pain in my shoulder.
I feel something slightly heavy being placed on my lap. Suddenly two small arms are hugging me. "DAR!!!" Copeland cries. I hug her and she stops crying. The nurses say within a few hours I should be allowed home. Thank god. I hate hospitals. The last time I was here I was 6, I'd tried to commit suicide. I dreamt of having a family that loved me, I dreamt about my real mom. The one that died giving birth to me. I never even knew what she looked like, I basically made her up. This family is so much better. Im so happy I only got a few minor injuries, I DO NOT WANNA MISS WARPED TOUR!!!!