Chapter Sixteen

Me and Justin both look at eachother and recite the traditional catchphrases at the appropriate times in the move. Oh how good it is to have someobody else thats a nerd temporarily living with you! Kellin, my dad, laughed whenever me and Justin had fangirl/fanboy attacks. It was actually very dangerously serious for us but everyone else laughs, they dont know how attached we get to the movie characters.

~ Time Skip ~

We've been driving for HOOUURS now so I decide to ditch the guys and lie on my bunk, only now do I check my phone. Thank satan for 3G!!! Huh? Sean texted me!

Sean: Hey, you free to talk? 😋

Me: I am now! Sorry, I was getting to know all the sws guys a bit better and fangirling over The Terminator, dont judge me breh! 💁🏼

Sean: Hahaha really? You like The Terminator? But it was made years before you were born! 😱

Me: I know! I love it! It was made in 1984 and it was SOOO underrated! I first watched it with my dad... 😔

Sean: Oh god, are you ok? 😱

Sean: Star?

Sean: Star!?! Answer me!?!

My phone falls from my hands and my eyes begin to fill with tears.

~ Flash Back ~

I came home from school today to find my father completely sober and...HAPPY!?! No way, he cant be!
"Evening sweetheart, how was school?" He asks sweetly
Im in shock, he's actually being nice!?! "Umm...it was ok I guess...are you ok? You seem extremely happy?"
My father laughs "Well today one of the movies I ordered for your birthday arrived and I'd like to watch it with you, I suppose in some senses it has cheered me up yes. The movie is called The Terminator and I think you're gonna love it!" I nod excitedly and follow him into the living room, he sits in his arm chair and I lie along the other couch, my father smiles at me and presses play. This is so weird, he's actually being nice to me. I could get used to this, a life with a nice father. Today I turn 7. The start of the movie has me instantly hooked, just the music is absolutely phenomenal.

At the end of the movie I start to walk upstairs to go to bed but my father grabs my arm and pulls me back, making me land on the floor at the foot of the stairs.
"Where do you think you're going you little shit!?!" He slurs, I didnt even notice he'd grabbed some whisky during the movie.
"I was just going to bed..." I mumble.
He punches me in the eye "You think you can just do whatever you want now huh!?!"
"No!" I cry.
He scratches me with something sharp on my arm, the pain is familiar. I look down at my arm to see my father has cut me with a penkmife. "DONT YOU DARE SHOUT AT ME YOUNG LADY!!!" He shouts, spitting in my face.
"Im sorry, please let me go!!!" I cry.
My father snickers "You're pathetic! You know, I've just about had it up to here with your bullshit. Im fed up with you! I provide you with clean clothes and a roof over your head and in return I get absolutely nothing! Whats the point in even providing for a worthless piece of shit like you huh?"
I shake my head and look at the floor "There isnt one."
My father rips my head up to look at him, making an accidental cut in my chin. "YOU LOOK AT ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU!!!" He yells, his voice booming. He drops me on the floor and crashes upstairs, I stay planted to the ground, not risking a single movement. My father soon returns and tucks a blade into my back pocket. Im about to question it when he roughly picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, he holds the penknife to my leg, daring me to make a sound. I stay completely silent as he practically throws me in the front passenger seat of his car and crashes in beside me. After about half an hour of driving, he stops on the side of the road. Its dark outside now and there are no houses for miles by the looks of things. My father leans over me and opens my car door before undoing my belt.
"You're a worthless piece of shit and I hate you. You're going to stay on the side of this road and pray that somehow your stupid life slips away. Incase it doesnt, there's a blade in your pocket. If you do somehow miraculously survive, never stop cutting. Thats an order. Remember you are always and will always be fat, worthless and ugly." He orders sternly. I nod, tears filling my eyes. My fathers face hardens and he gives me one quick shove, forcing me onto the road, before slamming the car door and speeding off. The cold realisation suddenly hits me: Im alone with no idea where I am, in the dark. Nobody is coming to save me. Im completely alone. I curl into myself and cry, hoping so something...anything would take my poor and miserable life away from me.

~ End Of Flash Back ~

"Star? Star honey, look at me!?!" Somebody is shaking my shoulders. I try and focus on who it is, I wipe my eyes and concentrate. Im suddenly pulled into a hug "Oh thank god you're ok!" Kellin sighs with relief.
I wrap my arms around him and start crying "I-I had a f-flash back" I sob.
Kellin nods in understanding "Sean texted me, he was really worried when you stopped responding to him. He texted me as soon as he thought something was up. He said you told him something about your dad and then you stopped texting him." He spits the word 'dad' making it a curse. Then his voice softens "What happened honey, you can tell me."
I control my tears "T-The first time I ever watched The Terminator was on m-my 7th birthday. I-I came home and my father was s-sober and happy. We watched The Terminator and w-when it was over my father was drunk again. He yelled at me, he p-punched me and h-he cut my several times with a pocket knife. Then he got one of my b-blades and put it in my back pocket before driving me into the night. He stopped after about h-half an hour and told me how worthless and ugly I was and that he didnt want to waste his t-time on me anymore. He told me that he hoped I would die. He s-said if I was ever found to never stop c-cutting because I was worthless. Then he sh-shoved me out of the car and drove off, leaving me alone on the road. Where I would stay, covered in my own blood, for the next three hours until a carer found me." Then I burst into tears again, Kellin wraps his arms around me again.
"Im so sorry that you had such an awful childhood, it will never be that bad ever again, I promise you. I wont let anything happen to you. Its getting late, we're a bit held up in traffic right now, why dont you get some sleep? I'll wake you when we arrive ok?" He says softly. He lays me down and begins to walk out of the room but I grab his hand.
"Dont leave me Dad, Im scared." I whisper hoarsely
He kneels at my side "Of what honey?"
"Nightmares. I usually have them every night, they're awful. Basically flash backs. Im scared of them Dad." I whisper before bursting into tears again.
Kellin lifts me up "Shh shh honey its ok, I'll stay with you." He lies me back on my bunk and slips in beside me, he doesnt put the covers over himself. I snuggle into him and he hugs me, kissing my hair every so often. Absentmindedly, he begins to hum the tune to Incase Of Emergency Dial 411, one of my favourite sws songs. I silently sing along to the lyrics of the chorus in my head.

"I can save you,

If you ask me, just ask me to,

There's hope for you tonight,

I can save you,

If you ask me, just ask me to,

I can save your life. "