Chapter Twelve

Eeeeeeeek!!! So excited for Warped Tour! So, none of us have any idea where my dad is taking us. We're all pretty eager to find out where we're going. We pull up in the park we were in earlier today but it looks...different. My dad opens my door for me and I hear screams, I instantly cower away in fear.
"Its ok Star, I wont let anything hurt you. Come on." He says sweetly, helping me out of the car. Katelynne holds Copeland in on arm and holds Kellins hand with the other. Im holding Kellins free hand and hiding behind him. We begin to walk into the park and a thousand bright lights hit me. When my eyes refocus I see we're at a fair. There are waltzers and arcade games, even a ferris wheel and a big drop! I've never seen a fair like this!
Katelynne smiles widely "So I guess Im taking Coco on all the little rides because Im not too keen on the big ones and Coco isnt tall enough." Kellin nods at her and she walks over to the smaller section.
Kellin turns to face me. "What do you want to do first?" He smiles.
"Hmm...waltzers?" I smile widely up at him, he nods and we run hand in hand towards the Waltzers. They arent your average waltzers...they arent cups. They're huge bowls. HUGE. Me and Kellin get one to ourselves and I can tell Im going to be slipping around like crazy in this thing. Kellin must've noticed me worrying because he wraps an arm around me protectively, holding me in place. I snuggle into him as we begin to spin, slowly at first. When we start to get faster, I lift my arms up and so does Kellin. Surprisingly, I dont slip around at all!
We start to yell "FASTER!!!" at the man in the booth controlling the ride. He smiles and nods at us before pushing a big red button. Oh shit. We're really in for it now! Kellins arm wraps around me again and we both scream in terror and exhilaration.

When the ride is over, me and Kellin are stumbling around like drunk people, waiting for the world around us to stop spinning. When we can both stand up straight without support, we look at eachother and laugh.
"I have no idea what happened, or why we're laughing. But y'know what? I DONT GIVE A SHIT!!!" I shout.
Kellin laughs "Language Star!!!" I stick my tongue out at him "What next?"
I look around and notice a really tall tower that has swings on it. I have no idea what the ride does but I point at it and me and Kellin run towards it. We arent able to sit in the same swing so we sit in separate ones, me on the outside and him on the inside. We buckle ourselves in and the swings start to rotate. What is happening!?! We start to rise, higher and higher off the ground. Then it hits me, the swings rotate around the tower while we rise to the top. We have to go all the way up this thing while spinning around, then back down again. I start to shake, remembering my fear of heights.
My dad grabs my hand "You ok?"
I shake my head "I didnt realize this ride did this, I also have a fear of heights."
Kellin chuckles "You'll be fine, these rides are completely-" just as he says that, there's a loud creak. I look at Kellin, my eyes wide in alarm. He stares back at me with the same expression. Half of the swings start to tip forwards, mine being one of them. I slip out of my swing and grip the seat for dear life. Im about 30ft above ground. Kellin swings over and tries to grab me. I hear screams from around and below me. Nobody else has slipped out, only me because Im so small. The ride starts to descend slowly. I feel myself slipping and let out a loud scream. Kellin tells me to grab his hand, but I cant, my whole body is frozen. We're about 20ft from the ground now. One of my hands slips completely off and Im held up by the tips of my fingers. I hear Katelynne screaming my name below me and Kellin is still trying to grab me. I slip and hit something hard. Then everything goes black.