Chapter Five

~ Katelynnes POV ~

Star is perfect! She's beautiful, an amazing singer and has great taste in clothes and music. Copeland and Kellin both love her as well. Star gets along so well with Copeland. They already have a sisterly relationship, I see that when I look in the back of the car. Star and Copeland are chatting away, its so nice. Then I decide to put on some Green Day. The first song that comes on is "American Idiot" and in the first second Stars jaw drops. Her and Kellin start shouting out the lyrics and headbanging like crazy. I take this time to video them. I post the video on my instagram with the caption:

" Sometimes I feel like Copeland and I are the only sane people in this family.😂 "

and within seconds I get thousands of comments saying "Who's that girl!?!" We'll have to tell them.
"Hey Star, selfie?" I say after the song is finished. She nods and leans forward in her seat, we both pout. I post it on instagram, twitter, tumlbr, everything! With the caption:

" Everyone, meet Star! We just adopted her! This is no trick, we really adopted. I couldnt be happier. I know you'll all love her too! 💕 "

"Star do you have twitter, instagram and tumblr?" I ask curiously.
"Yeah!" She says enthusiastically. She gives me her usernames, I follow her and tag her in the post. Her followers grow to thousands in a few minutes. She starts taking selfies with Copeland and videoing Copeland singing along to Fall Out Boy. Those two are adorable. I hold hands with Kellin and we continue driving home. I didnt even notice Star taking pictures.

~ Stars POV ~

My new family are awesome. It has to be said. Their car is awesome. Their house is awesome. Everything. Is. Awesome. No that was not a lego movie reference. Literally though, their house is huge. It has a beautiful balcony, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and everything else a normal house has. One of the bedrooms is an attic room with a sit-in window. I bet the view from there is amazing! I hold Copelands hand and she drags me inside. She gives me a tour of the house, showing me her beautifully pink bedroom and all the bathrooms and every other room.

Katelynne is waiting for me in my room. Oh my god. My room is the attic room! Copeland leads me up the 2nd floor stairs and opens my door, pulling me inside. My room is a complete rectangle, the walls infront and behind me are black, the 1 on my left is pink and the 1 on my right is white. There is a huge 4 poster bed that lies with its head on the pink wall that has been painted white, a black cover is on it and pink pillows decorate it. A beautiful black wooden closet is leaning against the white wall, a huge mirror is hung on the wall beside it. There are drawers leaning against the wall infront of me, on top of the drawers is a docking station for my phone with huge speakers. There is a very professional looking white wooden desk with a black chair near the wall behind me. The whole room smells gorgeous. My eyes fill with tears.
"Katelynne...this is beautiful...you didnt have to do all of this..." I say, trying not to cry.
She claps and hugs me "Thank you, Im glad you like it. This was totally worth it. Go and look in your closet for one more surprise!" She smiles excitedly.
I raise an eyebrow and walk over to my closer, I open the doors cautiously and find they lead to a room filled with clothes. A WALK IN CLOSET!!! The room is square, all different items have their set places. Accessories on the left, shirts and jackets on the right, pants and shoes straight ahead. Everything is beautifully organized. I spin around and face Katelynne. I run towards her and hug her.
"THANK YOU SO MUCH, FOR EVERYTHING!!!!" I squeal. She laughs and hugs me back, Copeland hugs me too. This is so perfect.
"Go get changed into something pretty, something flowing. I'll help you get ready, we're going to make you into a princess!" Katelynne squeals.
"Mommy! Can I be a princess too?" Copeland begs.
Katelynne laughs "Of course honey, once I've finished with Star."
Copeland smiles and Katelynne pulls me into the closet. She chooses a beautiful, knee length white dress with black tights and white 2 inch heels. She curls my hair and puts a beautiful black rose headband on my head. She then does my makeup, she gives me dark, musky eyes and toned cheeks, shiny pink lips and a smooth complexion. She stands me up and walks around me before rushing in the accessory section of my closet and she finds a stunning silver necklace with the letter S hanging in the centre, the S is covered in tiny diamonds. She puts it around my neck before her and Copeland stand back and look at me. They both applaud and I blush. They move me to the mirror and I look...good! I thank Ketelynne and she gets Copeland ready. She dresses Copeland in a white vest top with a jewel incrusted colar, black jeans and little white shiny shoes. Copelands hair is straightened and a small black tiara headband is placed on her head. Copeland squeals before Katelynne runs off to get changed herself. She comes back looking stunning in a beautiful wooly white jumper than hangs off of her shoulders, black knee-highs with black boots and some black shorts. She has a black headband in her hair with a rose in it like mine and her makeup is flawless. She carries a black purse in her hand and her nails are painted white. She holds out both of her hands and me and Copeland take one each. She stands at the top of the stairs, hiding me and Copeland from view.
"KELLIN!!!" Katelynne shouts down the stairs gleefully. He runs to the bottom of the stairs, looking very smart in a white blouse with black pants, he's done his hair and everything.
"Yeah? Oh my god, baby you look beautiful!" Kellin says.
Katelynne giggles and walks down the stairs. "Please welcome, STAR!!!" Katelynne shouts enthusiastically. I walk into view and stand at the top of the stairs, Kellins jaw drops. I blush and walk down the stairs slowly.
"Star, you look stunning!" Kellin says, smiling down at me.
"Thank you!" I giggle.
Katelynne wraps an arm around me "PRINCESS COPELAND EVERYONE!!!"
Copeland squeals and stands at the top of the stairs, Kellin holds out his arms and smiles widely at her. She runs down the stairs into Kellins arms and he carries her to the car. I wish I had that kind of relationship with him.
Katelynne whispers "I know, Im jealous too!" Low enough so only I can hear.
"I've just...never had a good relationship with anyone really...my real dad he..." I shake my head.
Katelynne sits me on the stairs "Its ok honey, you can tell me."
I sigh and tell her everything, by the end both of us are in tears but we are wearing water proof makeup so its not too bad. Katelynne hugs me "You poor baby!"
I sniffle "Is it ok if we dont tell Kellin yet? I'd rather tell him myself, in my own time. Its not that I dont like him its just...I have understandable trust issues when it comes to men...I will tell him soon...Im also going to struggle getting used to having a dad that actually likes me...though Im sure soon Kellin will get fed up with me being difficult.." I say and I start crying again.
"Shhh, I'll let you tell him, I understand. He knows you've had a rough past. He'll understand, he wont get fed up with you. Not ever. Now c'mon, we've gotta go!" Katelynne says, helping me up. We wipe our eyes but our eyes are puffy from crying.
"Katelynne?"
"Yes honey?"
"You're the best Mom in the world." I say, she tears up and hugs me again before pulling away and wiping her eyes again. She holds my hand and we walk out to the car together.
Kellin smiles "I was just about to come get yo-WAIT woah, what happened!?! Are you girls ok?" He asks, clearly concerned. He gets out of the car. Katelynne looks almost completely recovered but Im still sniffling. Kellin kneels infront of me.
"Hey Star, whats wrong?" He asks, seeming worried.
I shake my head. "Its fine, Im just really happy." I say, faking a smile.
Kellin raises an eyebrow "Uh huh and Im Morgan Freeman."
I laugh "For all I know you could be!"
Kellin laughs "Im not black!"
I gasp in mock horror "Thats a bit rude!!!"
Kellin shrugs "Cheered you up though." He says, winking at me.
I roll my eyes and climb in the car, sitting next to Copeland.
"Hi Dar!" She says excitedly
"Hey princess!" I reply, smiling. She giggles as Kellin and Katelynne get in the car. "So where're we going?" I ask, really curious.
"Well we're going out to dinner. Do you like Italian?" Kellin asks
"Im afraid I cant speak Italian so we'll just have to settle for a HELL YEAH!!!" I say, putting on a HEADSHOT voice at the end.
Kellin laughs "Was that the voice of the HEADSHOT!?!?!"
My jaw hangs open "You know about the HEADSHOT voice?"
Kellin scoffs "Uh of course, Im a hardcore gamer!"
I raise an eyebrow, I've been watching Pewdiepie for years so Im basically a gaming expert. "What does MLG stand for?" I test him.
He laughs "Major League Gaming."
I nod "Smoke WHAT everyday?" I sing.
He sings "Smoke weed everyday!"
I laugh "Top of the WHAT to ya WHAT!?!" I say in an Irish accent. I also watch JackSepticEye.
"Top of the mornin' to ya laddies!" He says in his best Irish accent.
Impressive! "What popular figurine features in Amnesia?"
He thinks for a second "Stephano!"
My jaw drops "First game ever played on youtube by the most subscribed youtuber?"
"Amnesia." He answers.
"Its not called being gay its called being...?" He'll never get this.
He puts on his best feminine voice "Its not called being gay, its called being FABULOUS!!!"
I laugh "One of the first pixellated Japanese horror game Pewdiepie ever played."
"Mad Father." He states.
"Ok this is getting nerdy!" Katelynne says, laughing.
"Hold on, one more question. If you get this right Kellin...I'll hug you. Which is a HUGE step for me. In what movie does the line "I'll be back" feature in?"
Kellin gets frustrated "OH MY GOD I KNOW THIS!!! Its umm...erm...uhh..."
"C'mon Kellin even I know this one!" Katelynne says.
"10...9...8...7...6...5..." I start to count down.
"ARGH...ERM...UGH..WHAT IS IT!?!?!" Kellin says, highly annoyed.
"4..."
"ARGH!!!"
"3..."
"ERM..."
"2..."
"AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!"
"1...0!"
"FUCK IT!!!" Kellin shouts. Luckily I covered Copelands ears just in time.
I laugh "The correct answer was THE TERMINATOR!!!"
Kellin hits the steering wheel "I knew that!"
I shrug "Oh well, guess you'll have to wait..." Kellin pouts "Dont give me that look!" He gives me puppy dog eyes "DAMMIT KELLIN!!! Fine. I'll hug you. On one condition: we HAVE to watch The Terminator when we get home." I bargain.
Kellin smiles and nods frantically "Anything!"
I roll my eyes "For a hug? Really dude?"
Kellin laughs "Its a huge step for you which means improvement. Also, I love hugs!"
I laugh and Katelynne says "You shouldnt have given in, tough love! Thats what he needs!" She jokes.
Kellin shakes his head "No, I need hugs!"
Me and Katelynne roll our eyes and laugh.