Chapter Nineteen

Half way through the show the music stops and Kellin starts talking. "OK GUYS SO IM SORRY FOR STOPPING THE SHOW BUT HAVE YOU ALL HEARD OF STAR!?!?!" He shouts, what the actual fuck is he doing!?! The crowd cheers in response "YEAH!!! SHE'S MY ADOPTED DAUGHTER AND SHE'S HERE NOW, WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO MEET HER???" He shouts into the mic. Shit shit shit shit shit. The crowd cheers. "STAR??? C'MON OUT HERE!!!!" Kellin beckons me, I stand at the side of the stage and shake my head. Kellin laughs "ANDY??? LITTLE HELP???" And suddenly Im picked up by Andy Biersack and bought on stage, Andy puts me down next to Kellin and I instinctively hide behind him. The crowd aww's. Kellin wraps an arm around me "Dont be shy honey, these people are nice!" He says. I smile and wave at the crowd. Kellin hands me the mic. "H-Hi guys...Im Star...um...what do I do now?" I laugh, the crowd starts up a chant "SING WITH KELLIN SING WITH KELLIN SING WITH KELLIN!!!" And I give Kellin a nervous look, he shrugs and smiles.
"Why dont we sing that song you wanted to sing with me backstage?" He whispers in my ear. I nod excitedly.
My confidence grows "OK GUYS I'LL SING WITH HIM, HOLD ON A SEC WHILE WE SORT OUT SOME STUFF!!!" I shout into the mic, the crowd cheers. I turn to face the guys "We'll sing Better Off Dead. I'll sing the chorus, Kellin the verse. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense for the girl to sing the chorus." I smile and the guys all nod, Kellin smiles down at me. He grabs a spare mic from backstage before running back on, receiving another cheer from the crowd. We stand next to eachother and the music kicks in.
"She says she wants to end it all when she's all alone in her room, she cries,

The way she feels inside is too much for her,

When all you've got is these four walls,

Its not that hard to feel so small,

Or even exist at all,

Howcome no-one heard her when she said..." Kellin sings. Then I come in.

"Maybe Im better off dead!

If I was would it finally be enough, to shut out all those voices in my head?

Maybe Im better off dead, better off dead,

Did you hear a word, hear a word I said?

This is not where I belong,

You're gonna miss me when Im gone

Go-oh-one go-one,

This is not where I belong you're gonna miss me when Im gone." I sing and the crowd goes wild, I sneak a look backstage and see Deanna with Andy and they both smile at me and give me a thumbs up. Kellin starts singing and I turn to face him, he looks directly at me.
"She doesnt know she's beautiful cuz no-ones ever told her so,

And the demons that she hides are all she knows,

And maybe she could fall inlove with someone in her life,

If she could trust, and tell her she's enough,

Howcome no-one heard her when she said..." Then I start singing again.

"Maybe Im better off dead!

If I was would it finally be enough to shut out all those voices in my head?

Maybe Im better off dead, better off dead,

Did you hear a word, hear a word I said?

This is not where I belong you're gonna miss me when Im gooooone,

This is not where I belong you're gonna miss me when Im gone..." Then I start to headbang while Kellin air screams and sings.
"When all you've got is these four walls its not hard to feel so small,