Chapter Two

~ Katelynnes POV ~

"Hey Kellin, I think I found the perfect one!" I shout from the study, Kellin runs in and stands beside me, I point at the computer showing the image of all the children in an orphanage about 20 minutes from here. Thank god they have a website!
"Which one?" Kellin asks, curious.
"That one." I say, pointing to the girl with the blonde hair that looked to be the oldest, she was wearing a Green Day shirt.
Kellin smiles "Yeah, ring 'em up!"
I squeal "Really? You are letting me do this?"
Kellin laughs "Yeah, I really want another kid, you know that."
I nod and run to the phone, I remembered the number of the orphanage off by heart.
"Hello? This is Florences Childrens home, how can I help you?" An older woman says through the phone.
"Hello, I'd like to adopt a child. I believe her name is Star?" I say politely.I hear the older woman gasp and begin to cry. "I-Is everything alright?" I ask worriedly.
"Yes its just...she's been here for so long, she's been waiting for this for 6 years and its finally happening! Sorry, I'll be professional. When would you like to meet her?" The older woman says, sniffling. 6 YEARS!?! That poor girl!
"Tomorrow, if possible?" I cringe, did that sound too eager?
"Yes, tomorrow is perfect. I'll inform her now. Thank you. May I take your name?" The older woman asks, still sniffling.
"Katelynne Quinn and my husband Kellin Quinn will be with me." I say, smiling from ear to ear.
"Ok, I'll see you both tomorrow! What time?"
"3pm if thats alright?" Im still smiling.
"Perfect! See you then. Goodbye now!" The older woman says and she hangs up.
I run into Kellins arms "We're going to meet her tomorrow at 3pm! Im so excited!" Kellin hugs me back and chuckles "So am I, I cant wait!" He says into my hair.

~ Stars POV ~

I shakily knock on the Mistresses office door.
"Come in!" She says cheerily. I walk in and see she has a huge smile on her face, ok I know she doesnt particularly like me but its kind of extremely rude to smile that much about me leaving. Jeez!
"Y-You asked to see me?" I stutter.
"Yes, please sit down." She says, still smiling. I sit down.
"Whats going on?" I ask, getting worried.
"Well, I have some fantastic news!" She says, practically jumping out of her seat. Its hardly fantastic that Im leaving. What a bitch. "I just got a phone call from a Mrs Katelynne Quinn, her and her husband are coming to meet you tomorrow. They want to adopt you!" She chirps.

Wait.

Woah woah woah.

HOLD ON A FRICKEN MINUTE

MISTRESS-THAT-I-THOUGHT-WAS-A-BITCH-THAT-TURNS-OUT-TO-BE-AWESOME-AS-FUCK SAYS WHAT NOW!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"P-Pardon!?" I say, in shock.
"SOMEONES COMING TO ADOPT YOU!!!" She shouts happily. I smile wider than I thought possible, jump up and hug The Mistress then run up the stairs screaming. The kids all stare at me.
"What?" They all say
"PEOPLE ARE COMING TO FRICKEN VISIT ME TOMORROW!!!!" I scream.
The little kids smile at me and several come and hug me, the ones that know how long I've been here without any visitors. I jump into bed and dream about what this couple will be like. Do they have any other kids? Are they nice? Are they old?

None of that shit matters.

Im getting a chance.

Im being given a chance.

I MIGHT FINALLY FEEL LOVED!!!!