Chapter Eleven | The Heart Winner

Start from the beginning

Drishti knew nothing is going to end well here. Karn could be seen getting furious and everything inside Drishti was stirring violently.

"Do you already have chosen someone for you Rajkumari?" Karn snapped at Draupadi "If yes, then call him let him win you and close all this act!"

"I have not choosen anyone!" Draupadi lied confidently in Drishti's opinion "I am just not going to marry a sutputra!"

Everyone gasped in the place loudly and before Angraj Karn could say anything in his defense another voice spoke up harshly.

"Dont you dare Draupadi!" Everyone saw Drishti glaring at Draupadi furiously shocking everyone. Draupadi's mouth hung open as she stared the girl beside her in disbelief "Did- Did you - say to me?-"

"Yes!" Drishti said fiercely. She turned to stare down in the ground where Angraj Karn stood staring at her in a little shock. Drishti gulped as her face softened and she continued to speak. "No one has the right to say anything about anyone's birth, caste or their background, that is not something that defines person's heart and clearly not Angraj Karn's."

Drishti was smiling softly and mesmerized at the King whose face too crooked into the littlest of smiles at her words. He clearly did not expect that coming from her or anybody nor did anyone else as they all stood shocked as no one had ever said something like this.

"Drishti!" Draupadi hissed going closer to Drishti grabbing her hand harshly breaking her eyes contact with Angraj Karn "Are you seriously defending him over me, I am like your sister and he is a sutputra-"

"He's not!" Drishti snapped and instantly regretted as Draupadi's face turned confused, Drishti fumbled with words before saying "I mean, I dont care from what caste he is! Caste is just the worst way to judge someone, a person is known by his acts, his deeds, his character not by his parents, occupation or anything."

"I am glad, you dont think like everyone else over here." Angraj Karn's words towards her caused her cheeks to heat up as she felt her heart flutter under the smile he was offering her. Stop blushing Drishti! She scolded to herself.

"And I am glad I ever got a chance to see you, A-Angraj Karn." Drishti smiled shyly, blushing hard as she casted her eyes downwards. She just couldnt understand what kind of effect this man was having on her causing her to blush so much.

"Drishti!" Drupad called scoldingly from his place "What kind of behavior is this? You cannot talk like that!"

"I am sorry Maharaj but I said what was right in my opinion, I know its Draupadi's swayamvar and she has the whole right to choose the person she wants to marry, but she has no right to insult anybody at all, that is and forever remains wrong in my view, judging someone on the basis of their occupation and name will forever be unacceptable." Drishti finished confidently knowing she was right in all aspects.

I think you are winning hearts Sakhi. She froze on hearing Krishna's voice and realising who he was talking about. With a jerk of her head she saw Angraj Karn was staring at her with a total unreadable yet soft look. Shit shit shit, Drishti!!! What the hell! What if he recognises you?!

Gulping heavily Drishti cleared her throat and composed herself and sat back down before turning to Drupad and saying "What I wanted to say, I have said, now if you like you may conduct the swayamvar."

Drishti avoided everyone's eyes now and especially his.

Draupadi too sat back at her seat a bit grumpily, as it was clear she was not into marrying Angraj Karn at all costs. Karn put down the bow and arrow back slightly glaring at Draupadi and went back to his place. Drupad cleared his throat and announced "I am sorry, Angraj Karn but my daughter doesnt wish to marry you, I would like to call this event off-"