Chapter Twenty Six: Enamored

Start from the beginning

"Ba'huen, dinner is ready.", the butler says.
We go to the dining table. The butler brings us a lot of food and we silently eat.
"Did you like it?", the general asks.
"Yes, it was very tasty."
"What do you want to do now?"
"Ehm... I don't know."
"Do you want to go to the bar?"
It's probably full of filthy, drunk pirates. And who knows if he will keep his promise of not doing anything that makes me uncomfortable when he's drunk.
"Let's stay here."
"Do you like card games?"
"Yes."
"Let's play then. Do you now how to play Three Kings?"
"Yes."
We play a few rounds that I all win.
"Wow, you're so good at this. You must be very smart.", he says while looking at me with heart eyes.
No it's because you're bad at playing...
I yawn and mix the cards again.
"You seem tired. Let's go to bed now. My butler sleeps in the second bedroom, so you have to sleep either in the same bed as me or my butler."
I know he wants me to sleep in his room and if I want to convince him I probably should, even though I don't want to.
"I think I will sleep in your room."
"Really? Okay let's go upstairs."
He takes my hand and brings me up the stairs to his bedroom. It's quite messy. There are a few clothes lying on the ground and things are scattered on his bedside table and his dresser.
"I don't know if I have a pajama that will fit you. You're much smaller than me."
"It's okay. I will just sleep in my clothes."
He takes a brush, loosens my hairtie and starts brushing my hair. That's really uncomfortable...
"Um.. I can do this on my own."
I take the brush from him and quickly brush my hair, then give the brush back to him.
"Oh, okay. Sorry."
I lay down in the bed while he gets ready. I have to get us out of here tomorrow. I have to convince him to stop working with the Nekra Kingdom for the sake of this world and my friends.
The general lies down next to me and stairs into my eyes. He raises his hand and slowly moves it towards my face. Please don't let him touch me with his super dry and rough hands again. He notices my discomfort and tucks me in instead.
"Good night.", he whispers and blows out the candles on the bedside tables.

The next day the butler wakes us up very early in the morning.
"Why are you waking us up so early? The sun isn't even up yet.", Ba'huen asks.
"I'm sorry. The guards caught two of the prisoners who sneaked around outside."
Two prisoners? Two of my friends managed to escape?
The general jumps out of bed and goes downstairs. I follow after him.
Hongjoong and Jongho are at the front door guarded by two pirates.
"What are you doing here? Are you trying to steal from me?", the pirate leader asks in a harsh tone.
"I am here to get my friend.", Hongjoong replies.
"Should we imprison them again?", one of the pirates asks.
Ba'huen looks at me then back at Hongjoong and sighs.
"You're putting me at a really difficult position."
Hongjoong, Jongho and the pirates look at him confused.
"W-why?", Jongho asks.
"Not you. I mean Seonghwa."
Me?! I hope I haven't lost his favor now. What does he mean by I put him in a difficult position?
"I would love to let you three just go, even though it hurts a little bit because I like Seonghwa but if I want to get to my goal I should do what king Nekra wants me to do which is to imprison you and in the best case scenario kill you. But then again since I spoke to Seonghwa yesterday I don't know if that would be wisest decision either."
"Why did you even choose to help the Nekra Kingdom, general. Everyone knows that you have a soft heart, especially for good looking men, apparently, you know that it would be difficult.", the pirate comments.
"I starting to feel like I made a bad decision three months ago."
Yes! Seems like I am getting closer to convincing him. Maybe we will be free soon and the Nekra Kingdom will have a major setback.
"Didn't you want to speak to the prince because of that?", I remind him.
"Yeah, you're right. One of you get the other prisoners. I need to talk to one of them."
"Ehh... I freed all of them.", Hongjoong mentions.
"Oh, okay, where are they?"
"In the house near the tunnel that leads to the docks."
"Then one of you goes there. The other one brings these two into the dining room while I get ready."