164

After Song Qinghan reacted and eased his mind loosening his shoulder, and then told everything happened today to Hening. At the end he asked, “What makes me most curious is that the suddenly emerging man did plan to do it or just happened to be there. If it was out of their scheme, I wonder what intention they actually got. Were they really spies?””

Hening thought about it carefully and it wasn’t that hard for him to figure out what Song Qinghan meant, he waved his sleeves, and then answered calmly, “Do you want me to release the news of that kid being captured by us?”

Noticing that Hening had already guessed what he meant, Song Qinghan nodded straightforwardly, saying, “Yes, if there comes again a group of people who are coming for that mixed-race man, we can draw a basic conclusion that they are actually organized and disciplined. Well, if that organization does exist, it might be the key point to this war depending whether we’re going to lose or win.”

Hearing that, Hening directly asked without hesitation, thoughtfully, “Do you mean that the reason why the barbarians are that kind of brave and fierce is because of those mixed-race men as a group of spies?”

Song Qinghan shook his head and said decisively, “I’m not sure either. It’s just a guess. It should be better if those mixed-race men are not involved in such an affair assisting to the barbarian’s troops. But if they do, well, why can’t we ourselves do something beneficial to our own boat, remove the impediment?”

“You’re right,” sounded Hening, he waved his hand to motion the butler to come over, and then whisper something in the butler’s ears. After that, he continued to say with his immutable calmness, “Well, I have already made an order to arrange that. If everything is going to be smooth, probably we will get a result in few days. But by the way, aren’t you afraid of that?”

Just like Hening did, even though the other party did not narrate the fact in details, he seemed to get a super power which allowed him to understand the profound meaning of the words.

Song Qinghan smiled and said naturally, “Of course I do feel frightened. After all, I have no idea whether the other party is really organized or not and how large the organization is. Furthermore, according to what Lu Sen had just said, those people showed their wicked intention trying to kill him without mercy after they met. So if they indeed get an organization, it must be with no good intention.”

Hearing that, Hening nodded with his extremely calm face, and then uttered expressionlessly as if he was just talking about the weather today, “Do you need some reinforcement for your backup?”

As soon as he finished his last bit of words, Song Qinghan shook his head decisively and explained, “They probably will detect the strangeness if there are too many people. In protecting themselves and hiding their identities, they probably won’t take the risk to approach. What’s more, I will go there with no intention, they won’t just confront me with hostility.”

Naturally, Hening fully believed in Song Qinghan, but he was still a little worried. Yet since Song Qinghan did not want any reinforcement from him, he shouldn’t be annoying to bother and in the meantime probably the excessive enthusiasm would bring another disturbance.

After their negotiation finished, Song Qinghan took some pieces of the fried lotus petals packed by Hening and then left the mansion.

Probably he was too relaxed after solving a big deal, when he was at his relaxation on the way back home, he lost the way.

Though the Yueban City was much smaller than the state capital, it was still famous for its large-scaled territory in the border area. What’s worse, Song Qinghan wasn’t familiar with the route here at all, he failed to back on the right track after several strives of attempting. Reversely, he walked farther on an offtrack route.

Just as he was hesitating whether to return to the original road and go back or not, there in a corner came a voice of human being. Song Qinghan was delightfully surprised, and then he approached directly without hesitation.

The person who sounded seemed to be stunned at the moment he caught a glimpse of Song Qinghan, and then he sized up and down on Song Qinghan’s appearance with disdain filling in his eyes. He waved his hand, saying, “Hurry up and go get in, you know which seat you should take.”

Song Qinghan hadn’t stood still to have a careful observation on the building erupting in front but was urged by the man, so he was forced to go in with his dizzy brain.

Even though he had seen almost the entire world, he still couldn’t help opening his mouth wide out of his surprise at the moment he was captured by the scene in front. His eyes almost bulged out.

Wealthy, beautiful, grand, splendid and imposing decorations, spacious hall, neat mahwood chairs, and good-looking servants ……

It would be perfect if here got a better light driving out the dim and bleak ambience. Yet it was still marvelously splendid even under an environment of darkness.

He seemed to finally figure out that he had accidentally barged into an incredibly noble residence. However, when his gaze met the two muscular men at the door, he immediately dismissed the idea of sneaking away.

If he went out at this moment, wouldn’t it mean he admitted that he didn’t belong here? Probably he would be murdered without mercy by these people if they found out they got a non-member here. At that time he would be powerless to salvage a desperate situation.

After a careful consideration on the trade-off, Song Qinghan suddenly stayed calmed with his face full of calmness. He retreated a little bit expressionlessly, and picked a seat devoid of presence in the shady corner when he reached the last line. He sat there peacefully, observing every man who was at present.

Obviously, these people came here to participate in an event and were dressed very low-key. However, Song Qinghan could still recognized that these guys were either rich or noble.

Song Qinghan carefully observed them. Just as his mind was going wilder, a shrieking voice sounded aside him.

“Is this your first time either? Look at yourself, poor nervous boy. Haha!”

Although the voice was too slight, it was almost like a thunderbolt in Song Qinghan’s ears, which startled him right away.

Seeing Song Qinghan was putting on a face of fright, the man moved closer to Song Qinghan as if he was quite delightful to put up a prank, and then he whispered, “Don’t worry, I’m not a bad guy.”

“…”

Song Qinghan looked at him speechlessly, now he felt he was totally at a wrong scene currently. But he INDEED missed his way and came to a wrong place.

The man seemed to be a chatterbox. Seeing that Song Qinghan was ignoring him, he grunted, “I’m Shuluo, my friends always call me ‘mouse’, so you can call me whichever you like! By the way, what is your name? Or maybe I can call your nickname as well if you want to remain mysterious. Talking about this place, well, it seems to be much smaller than I thought, what a pettily mice congregation accommodation not matching its celebrated name as an auction. But I have to admit that the servants here do get good looks themselves, at least it is an entertainment for the eyes. I will go ask about the price of them, if they are cheap…well, hehehe…”

Hearing the man’s self-talking words, Song Qinghan sized him up and down with strangeness. After confirming that he was indeed a femina male, he asked hesitantly, “They are all femina males, right?”

“tsk,” the man sounded, and then turned to look at Song Qinghan disdainfully as if he was staring at a pitiful bumpkin who came from the remote rural place of world-isolation, and shook his head and uttered, “Don’t you know that all the servants in any auctions are actually males?”

And then, he glanced around left and right. After confirming that no one was eavesdropping, he moved closer to Song Qinghan and whispered, “This is an auction, after all. There is nothing cheap here. Even though they got a group of guard, it would be better to get a further protection by hiring male servants.”

Song Qinghan nodded and found that the auction arena had become more and more mysterious in his eyes.

Out there the flames of war were still burning, yet here hidden an auction which seemingly was unknown to the world. No one knew whether the official knew the existence of it or not, if they knew… Well, it seemed to be a nice show.