149

At the very least, a marriage was definitely a big event in life. But Hening acted decisively like the flowers he just mentioned this morning, blossoming in a passing fancy.

Hening paused for a moment, deep in his eyes entangling with complexity. He didn’t bother to explain more but responded, “Though I don’t intend to make a ceremony in a large-scale, the rule is still there. Anyway, it’s still a long time till the day I marry, you guy… cherish your time.”

After that, he waved his sleeves and left without looking back, making it impossible for anyone to understand why he came over.

Was it because he just came over to check out whether Song Qinghan and Wu Dahu had accepted the Imperial Decree? Or, he just wanted to confirm their attitude towards the matter?

After the two of them calmed down, everything was as usual. They acted as if they didn’t know about the decree and did what they should do every day. However, even if they didn’t say anything, people from all directions kept approaching them to congratulate Wu Dahu on a happy event in various kinds of banquets. As for Song QInghan, he actually got more consolations than congratulations.

After all, the one who was going to marry Wu Dahu was no one other but the infanta! Everyone in his family should pay a full attention to take good care of him, otherwise, it would be a beheading event for them.

Even Su Tingting, the one who didn’t get on well with Song Qinghan, didn’t choose to make a mock or something, but his eyes still revealed some pleasure as if he was cheerful in Song QInghan’s misfortune.

The days gradually passed in peace, and the results of the final tournament finally came out in anticipation.

Wu Dahu got the Tanhua (ancient terminology in ancient times, equal to the third price). Well, that was not a good achievement, nor a bad one.

The man who got an innate strength was the Zhuangyuan (The champion). Yet as for the Bangyan (The second prize), Wu Dahu had no impression toward him at all, he didn’t even know where he popped up from.

Song Qinghan looked at the official notice and couldn’t help but sigh, “I didn’t expect that someone would cheat on this kind of examination. The Bangyan guy should gets a rather solid background which helped him add more thousand jins of the hunted preys and get him a second prize!”

Wu Dahu did not make a sound, because he was doubtfully disappointed either towards the result, but it was still acceptable for him to get the position of the Tanhua than the one who was at the fourth place. It was totally a far cry from that situation.

After the result was made known to the public, the Emperor personally set up a banquet for the top three.

Naturally, the glory spread to the winners’ family members either. Driven by the great curiosity to see the Emperor, Song Qinghan followed Wu Dahu to attend the banquet.

The Emperor was much younger than Song Qinghan thought in his mind, or in other word, the Emperor seemed to get a younger look mismatching his age.

There was only a slight wrinkle in the corner of his eyes. His facial features were straightly sharp, which bore a bit resemblance to the one of Hening. If no one knew his actual age, probably Song Qinghan would guess the Emperor was just at his early 30s. Yet in fact, the Emperor was almost fifty.

The Emperor approached to Wu Dahu when he passed through on the carpet, seemingly intentionally, and then uttered as if he was totally drunk, “In fact, you should be the Bangyan according to your exceptional performance. But I just made you the Tanhua because of another happy event you’re going to get. You won’t mind that, right?”