Song Qinghan was stunned when he heard this. He quietly glanced at the man standing behind the Emperor from the corner of his eye.

When he caught a glimpse of Luo Haiyun’s smiling eyes, he turned his eyes and seemed to figure out what was going on. He lowered his head and waited for the Emperor’s reply.

The Emperor didn’t let him down at all, he waved his hand smartly, saying, “I allow that.”

Seeing that the Emperor was ready to leave after saying that, Song Qinghan didn’t bother to say anything else even though he felt quite regretful not doing so.

After all, he had already exchanged the kindness of the Emperor for the sake of the residents in that Moshang Town. Now if he was being annoying to mention the matter of Wu Dahu’s assignment, probably that would be a bad impression for the Emperor.

However, even he didn’t bother to mention that. At the next moment when the Emperor took a causal glance at Wu Dahu, he himself took the initiative to ask doubtfully, “Are you the Tanhua of the final tournament? The one who is going to marry Hening?”

Hearing those words, Song Qinghan’s heart tightened. He almost escaped his lips to ask the Emperor to withdraw the decree. Luckily, Wu Dahu responded quickly, successfully blocking Song Qinghan who was about to make a mistake.

“Your Highness, I’m the tanhua of the final tournament, Wu Dahu.”

The Emperor nodded satisfactorily as he found that Wu Dahu was with such a humble attitude while his voice was loud and clear, he replied, “Would you consider staying in the state capital as an Imperial Guard. As for how good you will perform, it all depends on you.”

Wu Dahu paused for a moment, as if he hadn’t expected that his long-awaited assignment would come down at such a time. He quickly lowered his head and said in a low voice, “Yes, Your Majesty.”

The Emperor, who had just solved two things in a row, looked rather cheerful. He waved his hand and left with the guards who escorted. He seemed to have never thought about the reason why Song Qinghan and Wu Dahu would appear in the palace at such a time.

Song Qinghan and Wu Dahu rose, looked at each other while both of them felt rather rejoiced.

Even the Fifth Prince would not be able to change anything now since it was a decision made by the Emperor orally. In addition, the Imperial Guard’s duty was to protect the Emperor, which meant that now Wu Dahu was guarded by the Emperor, more or less.

Thinking of this, Song Qinghan couldn’t help but sigh in amazement that he didn’t make a mistake to vent his grievances before Wu Dahu said something. Otherwise, if the Emperor found out that the Fifth Prince was messing around behind him, probably he wouldn’t even punish the Fifth Prince but follow his inclinations. After all, the Fifth Prince was about to bear his responsibility to marry the barbarian for the peace of the whole country, if such a tiny requirements of his could not be fulfilled. Wouldn’t it be a bit ruthless?

Since the matter had been perfectly resolved, there was no need for them to look for the Fifth Prince now. They turned their heads and prepared to leave the palace.

Yet again, beyond their expectations, it seemed that it was easy for them to come in but hard to get out. Just before they almost stepped out the palace gate, they were stopped by the guards.

“Here comes the Imperial Noble Consort’s decree, Lords, please follow me.”

Song Qinghan paused, he could smell a sense of danger which was making him uncomfortable. But he still obediently followed up behind, heading to the familiar place he had once been to.