"Sorry.." the man apologized, abruptly.

Chandni opened her eyes as soon as she heard his voice.

His deep masculine voice always full of arrogance and command.

She can recognize his cold and distant voice even after hundreds of years.

With a lot of courage she looked behind in the hope that maybe it was just an illusion of her. He was not here.

Why would he be here?

When she looked back she found nothing but a river of people taking their hurried steps towards their destination.

Roaming her gaze as far as she could she tried searching him in the crowd.

However he wasn't here. She sighed and wiping her sweaty hand over her dress she started walking towards platform No.6

Seat No. 36b

Checking the seat number she placed her small bag on the berth and sat on the window seat.

Her anxiety was rising with each passing minute. He had said sorry... It sounded bizarre coming out of his mouth.

She looked out through the window trying to see him, more like seeing the look of failure in his face.

It will be so nice to see him losing the final game.

His loss will give her heart some content.

However she didn't find him or his pet dogs among the rational people.

I might have made a mistake. Maybe it wasn't him, Chandni thought and leaning her head on the window she closed her eyes to find some peace, however the old memories swirled around her mind bringing some unforgettable time of her life.

The memories of pain and hurt were fresh in her heart and it comes back whenever she closes her eyes.

He had snatched her everything and she..

She is running away from him and his city like a coward.

He is not the loser but I am.

The thought left a bitter feeling in her heart but she couldn't say it was untrue.

Trying to damp down the fire of injustice she was gifted by the people who were no lesser than an animal, she opened the cap of the small water bottle which she had stolen from the rich and lavish kitchen of his penthouse and she gulped down the water in a go.

The engine of the train rumbled up and the Mumbai to Guwahati express started crouching silently on the tracks.

Chandni closed the cap of the bottle and wiped her mouth with her palm. Through the window she looks out at the moving scenery remembering how the same way she was gazing at the scenery when she had first came to Mumbai.

She had tried many times to run away from that monster however she failed every time.

And today finally she was successful in escaping his territory.

It must have been twenty minutes since the train started to move. Chandni wondered if she was traveling alone in this compartment?

If not then where are the other passengers? Generally Mumbai to Guwahati express witness a large traffic of people.

A sudden fear settled in her body with anxiety ticking in her heart.

Standing up from her seat, she checked out every compartment of the train. The train box was deserted like a ghost town not a single person was there.