55 - Coffee Date.

Jungkook was in his seat, working, when his phone rang. He looked at the screen but the number was not a saved one.

"Hello... oh!" Jungkook looked at Taehyung subconsciously as the person on the other end introduced herself. "Chae... uhh.... h-how did you get my number?"

Taehyung snapped his head up to look at the younger at the sound of the name. Jungkook felt as if he was frozen under that gaze and could only look away when Taehyung himself broke eye contact.

"Uhh... sorry I didn't get that.... uhhh... yeah, but I don't think I would be of help, Chae, that case is not handled by our team..... yeah, but-..... coffee?!"

That was all Taehyung could take as he got up from his seat and took three steps quickly and reached the younger. Jungkook was actually startled to see the elder standing so close and couldn't stop when Taehyung took his phone from his hand.

"Hi. Chae, is it?" Taehyung's voice sounded sweet as honey, the type that sometimes comes out when he's seriously pissed off.

"Can I know why you are calling Jungkook?..... ahh.. but like he said, it's not handled by us... of course it's my business when the prosecutor's office contacts my team member....."

At this point, Jungkook tried to get the phone back but Taehyung looked at him with a warning and pushed his hand back.

"And it's even more my business when you ask my fiancé for a coffee date!!"

Taehyung cut the line and looked at Jungkook with a questioning face but the younger one was rather angry to notice that.

"What the fuck was that?!" Jungkook whisper-yelled in a tight voice. He was angry but didn't want to make a scene in the office too.

"Shouldn't I be asking that?" Taehyung's voice was even quieter. "What the fuck was that? Why is she calling you for a date?"

"Of course it's not a date! She called about a case-"

"-And it's not handled by us. Why does she want to meet you after that?!"

Jungkook rubbed his fingers over the bridge of his nose. Even he had noticed the overly friendly behavior of the girl and was not comfortable with it. He was just about to decline the request.

But that doesn't mean Taehyung can snatch his phone and talk like that. Taehyung was clearly crossing a boundary here. Jungkook is a grown man and he doesn't need to get Taehyung's permission to meet his friends.

Both were glaring at each other, not noticing that everyone else in the team can see and hear them. Jungkook was about to say something along the lines of Taehyung being ridiculous right now when his phone rang again. He picked it up and saw it was the same number. Jungkook answered it, after giving a stubborn look to Taehyung.

"I'm so sorry for that Chae-... oh...uhh.. sure, I guess. Today?" Jungkook looked straight at Taehyung before speaking up again. "Yeah, six sounds good. I'll meet you there."

He cut the line and looked at the elder who was looking at him with something unreadable. Jungkook knew he was being petty but he just got so annoyed with the way Taehyung behaved earlier.

"If you can go out and enjoy with your friends, so can I."

With that, Jungkook picked up a file that he was supposed to give to Namjoon and walked off, leaving Taehyung to glare at his retreating figure.

Taehyung watched the younger man until he went out of sight and walked back to his seat. He sat on it before picking up his own phone and dialing a number.

"Seojoon-ah, can I know why you assistant just asked my fiancé for a coffee date?"

He held the phone for about a minute, listening to Seojoon tell him about his conversation with Chae. Taehyung initially thought that the girl was just not informed about the situation and was making a genuine mistake. He can't really blame her also, his fiancé is as hot and gorgeous as anyone could be.

But the fact that she's continuing her advances even with knowing about Jungkook being engaged to somebody, takes this to a different level. He of course has no doubt whatsoever on Jungkook's loyalty or intentions. Jungkook may be a hot head but the love they have for each other is unbreakable.

Let them have their little coffee date. Let the girl get her hopes up and get them crushed later. Serves her right for going after a taken man. And Taehyung would definitely enjoy an 'I told you so' moment too.

Taehyung watched the younger man go about his work for the rest of the day. They didn't speak or hold eye contact and the rest of the team struggled with this tense atmosphere too. As the hours went by, Jungkook became a little nervous. He had agreed to go for coffee in the moment of anger but now, he's kind of regretting that.

By 5.30, Jungkook cleared his table and closed his computer. He stood near his chair for few seconds, contemplating whether to talk to Taehyung or just go. In the end, he decided to talk with the elder, Jungkook couldn't bear to have Taehyung angry with him.

Jungkook slowly walked towards Taehyung and stood behind him. He would have liked to give a hug but since they were still in the office, that didn't feel appropriate. Not to mention the fact that he might not be allowed to give a hug even.

"T-tae?" Jungkook called the other in a soft voice, making Taehyung give a sigh and turned to look up at him. "It's just coffee."

Taehyung felt a little bad in his heart for making his fiancé feel like he had to explain his actions to him. Jungkook didn't have to say that, he didn't have to say anything. Taehyung knew very well it was just coffee. It'll only ever be coffee.

Taehyung got up from his seat and gave a soft smile to the other and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. "I know, baby."

Jungkook felt his throat tighten at that. It was like the previous fight didn't even happen. Suddenly going to meet a girl to have coffee felt ridiculous to Jungkook. He didn't want to go, he wanted to go home with Taehyung. His thoughts must have been clear on his face because Taehyung smiled and pulled him into an embrace and whispered into his ear, so that others would not hear.

"It's okay. Go. She knows you're engaged because Seojoon had already told her, but is still trying to come after you."

Jungkook was a little confused at that and tried to get out of the embrace but Taehyung didn't let him. "W-what? What are you saying?"

"Just go, Koo. She needs to know who you belong to. She needs to know that she has zero chance with you." Taehyung pulled back from the embrace and held the younger one by his arms.

Jungkook didn't know what to say. He wanted to say that it was not like that but really, he can't be sure. And what Taehyung said was absolutely true too. She really has zero chance.

"Go, I'll wait for you at home. Don't be too late."

With that, Taehyung gave a playful wink to the younger and sat on his chair again. Jungkook stood there for a few seconds before turning to go out. Hopefully, he can finish this coffee thing soon so that he can come back home to Taehyung.