Just as I thought of her my phone rang.

"Kat, please come a bit early. I think guests would be here by 6. You get your ass here soon okay?" her voice rang through the phone and I could hear dryers on in the background.

"I'll be there. You get hot okay, see you soon ma belle" I said and I heard her laugh before the ended the call.

I walked upstairs, hopped in the shower and began getting ready.

Around 2, my Nonna had arrived.

"ay dios mio my Katerina come here come to me" my Nonna said and wrapped her wrinkly hands around my body.

"nonna I missed you so so much. Don't ever leave okay?" I said and she nuzzled her face in my neck.

"If I spend more than an hour with your mother, I start praying for death. My doll, come on let's start getting ready yes?" she said and took my hand. I walked to my room and she sat in front of the mirror.

"this is my dress. It was nonno's favorite" she said, and placed a blue ruffled dress on the bed. It was stunning. My nonna was in her late 70's but looked as young as ever. Her hair was barely grey but cut into a short bob. Her eye lids were hooded and you could only see her age at the milky look of her eyes.

"it's beautiful" I said and touched the dress

"come on now, make me pretty." she said and began to work my magic. Her eyelids were a light shade of blue and I had put rosy lipstick on for her. She looked beautiful.

"thank you my angel. Now you get dressed, and let all the boys see what I used to look like when I was your age. After all, you definitely didn't get your mother's figure." she said and slapped my butt lightly. I laughed as she walked out the room.

It was well past 6 when I was done with my hair and makeup. I decided I needed to get into my dress now.

 I decided I needed to get into my dress now

My hair was pin straight. I had a center parting and tucked some hair behind my ears. I had my eyelids shining with silver and cat eyeliner and my lips were dark, blood red.

I had diamonds on my earrings and my nonna's necklace sat just below my collarbone. I slipped on my black heels and adjusted my dress straps in the mirror. My dress was plain, but my makeup and jewelry stood out.

I sprayed perfume on my neck and shoulders and I could hear my father begging for us to come downstairs.

I saw my mother. She looked absolutely stunning. She had a bright red dress on, sort of like a ballgown. Her dark brown hair was in an updo and she had almost no makeup on.

My father stopped and stared at her for a good few minutes, then directed his eyes to me. He smiled.

"you all look perfect. Please, can we go now?" he said and put his hands together to beg.