Onika kept listening.

"Don't get me wrong, she can be a total asshole. But if she were a genuine douche, I wouldn't be her friend—neither would Kelly or Michelle or even Robyn. I know you don't know half the people I named but theyre cool people too, I promise." He said and Onika listened.

She was somewhat surprised someone as chill as Abel could be friends with someone so terrifying.

"Beyoncé acts all big and bad but I promise you she has a heart. She's just—dealing with some stuff right now." Onika knew what that was like.

"I can't tell you detail because it's not really my business but, she's been through a lot—she's not a rich preppy asshole like some of the other people at our school." He said confidently. 

"Just give her time I promise she's not all that bad." He promised and Onika nodded. She never thought anything bad of Beyoncé, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared of her.

Onika just thought she was the issue.

.
.
.
.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

My shifts almost over, and I sat in the room where all of our product gets imported. Putting paint on shelves gets tiring okay?

I heard the door open and I peered up to see Onika. She looked like she was scanning the room and asoon as her eyes set on me she immediately made a break for the door.

I stood up and tried catching her attention before she could leave but she dipped. I stood out side the room looking like an idiot till Abel passed by.

"Why do you look so stunned?" He asked and I shook my head. "Onika walked into the back room and asoon as she saw me she ran.." I mumbled and he laughed. "She's scared of you idiot." I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Is not like I want her to fear me or something—I'm just tryna apologize." I said and he looked little surprised. "You? Apologize? That's new you're usually an asshole." He said and I knocked the box of brushes out of his hand.

"Thanks for proving my point." He said and I groaned in frustration again. He bent down to pick them up and I helped him. I handed him the brushes I picked up and he mumbled a thanks.

"I just wanna say sorry. I don't want the girl fearing me so much." I continue talking as we walk through the store. "This is why I say maybe try being more friendly as a first impression. You being mad on Friday isn't an excuse." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." I mumbled. I could feel Abel's eyes on me and I heard his chuckle. "Just start with a sorry. Onika seems nice, I doubt the girl holds grudges like someone else I know.." He trailed off shading me and I groaned.

"Shut up. I hold grudges for good reasons." I reasoned and she shook his head in disbelief and continued talking.

"You know the girl almost cried because she dropped a box of pens?" He asked and I was a little surprised.

"My guess is she may be a little sensitive but I don't know, it's my first day meeting her." He ranted on and I detached myself from him when I saw a glimpse.

I peeked into one of the aisles and saw Onika crouched down looking at something, asoon as I attempted to make my way to her I heard the slightly annoying flirtatious voice.

"Bey Bey!" I turned around and was met with a girl that I swear I didn't know. I stared at her for a few seconds trying to figure out who she was.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me." She pouted and I flat out admited I don't. "Remember at Chiris's party last before we had to pack up our dorms?" She asked.