𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒗.

"𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘, 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘, 𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘

"𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘, 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘, 𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐘."

i groaned as theo's voice made it through the door. i hadn't gotten much sleep last night because the hull's creaking and groaning only reminded me of extremis and when pepper and i were held captive and the president almost died by oil.

i had wanted to go sneak into percy's room, but i swear, hedge was up all night banging on the doors. theo was smarter than me, sneaking into leo's room before hedge called lights out.

"go away!" i yelled.

"let's go!" theo repeated, louder this time. "chop chop. we're in beautiful kansas, and i need you to get your ass out here and smell the—"

i opened the door to glare at theo.

he grinned, all washed and dressed already.

"good morning, sweetheart," he smiled. "i've set aside some pop-tarts and chocolate milk for you. better hurry, because if someone else steals it, that's not on me."

i shut the door and trudged towards the washroom.

"hurry!" theo called again.

i got ready pretty quickly. after letting my curls loose to allow them to completely dry, i chugged a red bull and made my way upstairs.

i looked around the mess hall, seeing the pop-tart and chocolate milk theo had set aside for me. i ate quickly, before running outside to see the landing.

"hey," percy muttered, coming up behind me and pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

"hi," i grinned.

"ugh, pda," theo muttered.

"oh shut up," i told him. "not all of us spent the night with our boyfriend."

leo choked on his bagel. 

"woah, how did you get past coach hedge?" percy sounded shocked, and a little impressed.

"he didn't," i glared at my brother. "snuck into leo's room before coach came up to chaperone us."

"that's not fair," percy muttered.

"you're telling me."

"okay," leo muttered, red creeping up his neck, "look, everyone else is arriving. let's turn our attention to them and away from theo and i."