𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒙.

"𝐎𝐇, 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑

"𝐎𝐇, 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑."

that was the first thing aurora said to me when i returned to camp.

i ran a hand through my hair self-consciously. during the whole fight, my hair had been burned off to a point just past my shoulders. and the ends were still singed. i'd need to cut it more on my own.

i'd been putting it off for the entire day, considering i was still mourning over my lost hair.

i'd asked my dad to get the plane to land at la guardia first because annabeth iris-messaged me and told me to get to camp quick. dad and pepper were waiting for me at the plane, and dad was still trying to remove extremis from me and pepper.

for now, i stayed wary of everyone.

the bright side was, if anyone tried to bother me, i could burn them.

"i know, i know," i muttered to aurora.

"do you know, riles?" theo asked, leaning upside down on the bed. "it looks horrible. you have to cut off the singed edges."

"yeah, i know," i repeated. "i've been putting it off. but i'll do it, after extremis is removed."

theo nodded, "fair enough."

"so you're just going to walk around, looking like a hobo until then?" drew asked.

i fake smiled at her, "yes, yes i am." sitting up, i turned to her, "so what happened with you and piper?"

"oh, nothing," she waved it off. "piper wasn't confident enough, so her charmspeak wasn't working. i just gave her a little push at the campfire."

"they're besties now," theo said.

"we're not!" drew argued.

"yes they are," aurora said. "drew's even helping her with her charmspeak."

"aw, drew," i smiled. "you're a great older sister."

"oh shut up," drew threw a pillow at me.

we all laughed until there was a knock at the front door.

"dibs not it!" aurora, theo and drew all said at the same time.

"ugh," i groaned. "that's not fair. my brain wasn't working straight."

"tell it to the judge," aurora said, shooting finger guns at me.

i laughed a little, going over to the front door just as it swung open. 

"hi ethan," i smiled.

"hey riley," he grinned. "just who i was looking for. let's go. and bring theo. chiron's called the council meeting."