𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒗.

"𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎'𝐒 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒

"𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎'𝐒 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒."

i pointed at the basketball court where a bunch of kids played, all their shots going in. i waved quickly at vera.

"they never miss, so they're a bunch of showoffs on that," i told her, thinking of clint. "and vera's trying to impress tracey."

i pointed at a group of campers watching. every time one of vera's shots went in (which was all them), theo and drew grinned, saying something to make tracey blush.

"haven't they been dating for over a year?" annabeth asked, a grin on her face.

"oh yeah," i agreed. "but you know vera."

annabeth nodded.

vera was a little (a lot) competitive.

we walked past them, passing clarisse and mark hacking at each other with swords.

piper whistled, "who's that?"

"which one?" i asked, a small grin on my face.

"the one in red battle armor," she clarified.

"oh, that's clarisse," i told her. "daughter of ares. sometimes a bitch, but she's also got a point at times. fights with honor."

"do you think she's into brunettes?" piper asked, still checking out clarisse.

annabeth and i exchanged glances, grinning.

"well yeah," i answered, "considering her boyfriend's one."

piper sighed, "makes sense. she's too hot to be single."

the three of us exchanged glances, laughing slightly as we walked on ahead.

"hold up," i muttered, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "i'm getting a call." i checked the called i.d. before looking up at annabeth. "it's my dad."

"talk to him," she told me. "i'll take piper, and choose a weapon out for her."

i nodded, walking towards my cabin as i took the call.