𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

INTERMISSION:
THE SON OF NEPTUNE

her eyes.

he remembered her ocean blue eyes that sparkled when she spoke of the things she loved. ocean blue eyes that darkened when someone threatened her loved ones. 

her hair.

he remembered her long, curly locks. the ones she refused to cut no matter how many times they fell in her cereal. he remembered that one strand that refused to stay tucked in. he remembered reaching out and doing it for her.

her freckles.

he remembered the dots scattered around her upper cheeks. he remembered how she'd always grow insecure when they were mentioned. he remembered how he pressed him lips to them, assuring her they were beautiful. how he connected the dots as she slept.

her button nose.

he remembered how it'd always scrunch up whenever he mentioned something particularly gross. he remembered how she'd always scratch it when she wanted to leave a conversation or felt uncomfortable.

her laugh.

he remembered being able to make her laugh. he remembered how her laughter would send a fluttery feeling inside of him. how she'd try to hold it in, but always end up laughing, whenever he said something factually incorrect.

her lips.

he remembered how they felt against his. he remembered her kissing him whenever he did something stupid. he remembered her pressing her lips to his temple, always reassuring him.

her.

he remembered her. in a world of shadows and darkness, she was a beacon of light for him. one that refused to burn out, only shine brighter. 

he remembered her

the girl who he would do anything for. the girl who was always there for him, in a world where it seemed like everyone wanted to kill him. the girl who he was madly in love with.

and with the name of his beloved on his lips, percy jackson awoke.