"During the Halloween party, I will give you back your cousin and his mate, in exchange for the second locket." 

Luke growled, "Like hell that's happening. Elle and Mike are traitors anyways!" 

Ronan laughed and Jane felt even more terrified then she did when she first heard the hunter's voice. There was just something about Ronan that was purely evil an evil she'd only ever seen in the cold dead eyes of her real mother.  

"How did I know you would say that Luke," Ronan admitted with a teasing lilt to his voice, "Just as a backup I did have a couple of my men capture someone who may hold a little more of your interest." 

There came a shuffling sound on the other end of the phone as Ronan muttered to someone, "Say hello, sweetheart." 

Anouchka's voice came out loud and clear as she instructed, "Luke. Don't listen to this idiot, I'm fine." 

There were more sounds that sounded like Anouchka could be struggling right before she screamed out as Ronan yelled over the top of her, "Don't do anything stupid boys. And Luke, next time you want to rough up my girlfriend, don't think I won't do the same to yours." 

As the connection died, Jane took one look at Luke's darkened expression and started backing away from him. She'd spent enough time around Clare when she was younger to remember how this worked, Luke was going to go hunt down his mate and kill anything stupid enough to get in his way. Unless he calmed down, and there was only one way to do that... 

She watched as Levi tried his best to calm down Luke by remaining his distance, but that wasn't going to work. At least not right now anyway. 

Suddenly, Luke started shouting at his brother, breathing heavily in and out as though he was only seconds away from shifting. Moving quicker with renewed motivation her hand gripped the heavy handle of the frying pan and she stealthily hid it behind her body as she moved slowly to an out of control Luke.  

Coming up from behind him she hoped Levi wouldn't give her away, but just as Luke was about to turn around and scream at her she brought the cooking instrument/weapon down on his head and Luke dropped to the ground unconscious.  

Dropping the frying pan on the floor as well, she looked up at Levi who was giving her a weird look as he asked, "How'd you know to do this?" 

She shrugged and lowered her gaze from his, "Lucky guess. Are you going to be alright with him, or can I go lay down?" 

He nodded, "Yeah, go get some rest I'll be fine with him." 

Putting the pan back in the kitchen she swapped her day time clothes for her PJ's and crawled into her mate's bed, adoring the inviting smell that clung to his sheets. She'd never tell him this, but she loved sleeping in his bed. It was the closest she'd probably ever get to sleeping beside him so she treasured it.  

Laying in his darkened room she tried to get some sleep, knowing that she had work later on today and it was only a little past four in the morning. But her brain was still on overload, from all the craziness that had gone down today. And not for the first time since she met Levi did she was for all the madness to end.  

Halloween was going to be their ticket to freedom from the curse, and hopefully all this drama. But it looks like Ronan will literally stop at nothing to make sure that curse stays intact and stays true. Why? Nobody knows aside from Ronan and the other hunters.  

Suddenly she was distracted from her thoughts as the door to her mate's room cracked open. Sitting up she felt her eyes widen in shock as she saw Levi himself standing there in all his shirtless glory as he whispered, "You awake?"