By Your Side

7:01 pm

7:01 pm

A deep sigh left your lips as you threw your head back on the headrest of the couch while lots of thoughts were going in your mind.

It's been almost a week to that day when Baekhyun visited you, and when the news had broke out suddenly by your mom, it had left you baffled but before you could even process it, he had gotten a call from his dad to meet him at the airport since they were supposed to left.

He had left like he usually does, by kissing your forehead and so, and after that, you took your time to grasp the situation and had a talk with your mom about it.

She had told you that Ms. Choi was the one who had informed her about the scholarship to NYU when both of them met at her boutique.

And, she also knew how much you wanted to go there since it was your dream but you were always hesitating because of her as you didn't want to leave her alone but without you knowing, she had sent an email already where after your semesters marks would get you in.

Hence, you had passed with good marks as usual and now there was an email at your door and in your account too, but you didn't check it yet.

You were still thinking about it, but there was another thing itching your mind and that was, Baekhyun and his usual calm behavior whenever you both talked on voice calls or video calls but that's exactly what you found unusual.

He hasn't talked about it yet with you, whenever you would attempt to open this topic, he would get a call or would dodge it and you also thought that he's probably busy with his work or wanted to take some time like you did.

However, your mind was full of strange scenarios because of your long left fear of people leaving had hit the back of your mind in a way that you were overthinking now.

Last night, you got a message saying that he'd be back by 4 in the evening and now, you were anxious to face him because he left a message that he's arrived a while ago.

"Ji-Ah."

You turned to your side to see your mom's face filled with concern and a glint of guilt in her eyes as you sat up straight while taking her hand in yours. "Mom, why are you feeling guilty? You just did what you thought would make me happy."

"Even so, I should have asked you."

"And I definitely would have said no, because of the exact reason you didn't ask me." You pointed out, and she sighed, caressing your hair. "My sweetie."

"Did you both talk it out yet?"

She questioned, to which you shook your head with a dejected sigh. "He must be taking his time or what if he's mad at me for not telling him? Because whenever I tried to talk about it, he didn't seem like he was ready to talk."

"Then why don't you go and ask him, yourself?" She suggested and you bit your lip, shaking your head. "I am scared, what if he's really mad at me?"