The Calm Before Storm

8:39 am

8:39 am

Clutching the strap of your backpack, you walked through the entrance gate of your University while noticing those different types of gazes on you leaving your insides to twitch in an uneasy feeling.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply to calm yourself, you continued to walk and ignore the stares before hearing Sarang's voice from behind to which brought a smile on your lips as your head tilted towards her to find her striding to you.

Her arm reached out to wrap it around your shoulder as she marched alongside you. "So? How was your day during your skipping class?"

"You know how it was, Sarang." You gave her a duh look to which she nodded, with a smug expression. "Alright, I see."

A sigh left your lips as your eyes averted to your phone with an expectant hope to get a call or text from him but there was nothing and you began to get worried.

Is he even okay?

Last night, after the embarrassing scene, he dropped you off like he usually does, but during the ride, he couldn't keep his snicker to himself as he kept chuckling from time to time recalling the scene while you were left there embarrassed until you asked him to stop but who were you kidding?

In that moment, he kept sniffing to which you asked him to have a warm shower before sleeping while he just took this opportunity to tease you.

However, this morning you didn't get any morning texts from him like he always does which made you confused yet concerned while you were hesitant to reach out to him wondering if you were going overboard.

"Why do you have a long face?" Sarang questioned, snapping you out as she looked at your phone confusingly. "Are you waiting for a call?"

You stared at her hesitantly. "Uh.. Um.. It's about Baekhyun… I mean I know… maybe I am thinking too much but… it's just… he hasn't messaged me like he does everyday… so I'm kind of worried… I mean I know he's not obligated to do it and maybe I am overthinking it-"

"Ji-Ah, relax." Sarang held your shoulders to make you face her as she stared at you worryingly. "It's not a crime to be worried about someone, okay? And if you're about someone you love then it's more than okay."

You stared at her for a moment before exhaling deeply, giving her a nod while she smiled. "If you're that worried, why don't you call him to ask?"

"Should I?" You mumbled, biting your lip before tapping the screen with your thumb and dialed his number with a rapid heartbeat where you got a response with a robotic voice saying it's switched off.

"It's switched off." You stared at the screen with a disappointed face and Sarang hummed. "He might be busy… you know? Don't you worry too much, Ji."

"Right." You nodded to yourself before you felt her staring at you blankly to which you gave him a confused look. "What?"

"Something's different." She peeked through your face for a while and you rolled your eyes. "Geez, I got my bangs cut last night."