Realization

7:22 pm

"Mix it well."

Gripping on the whisk tightly, you mixed the ingredients with eggs and butter to make a strawberry cake for your mom since it was her birthday today.

As usual, you always bake a cake for her as you had baked it once and she liked it so much that she wanted it on her birthday so, you being her daughter, had always fulfilled her wish.

She was still at her work and would arrive by 9 so it was a relief to prepare it without in a hurry, while Sarang had gone out to buy her a present since she forgot it yesterday.

Your day at the campus went unusually slow today, since the person who's always beside you didn't show up while he did inform you by saying he was busy with his work.

And it would be a lie if you say you didn't miss him because you did, but your hesitancy wouldn't say it out loud but he did, again before ending the call leaving your heart fluttering over his words.

As you were done stirring, the doorbell rang and you frowned since Sarang had the spare key of your house so, without even cleaning yourself, you strode towards the door.

And opening it, you were greeted with the person you were eager to see the most, and Baekhyun standing at the entrance of your door didn't seem to surprise you anymore but felt pleased instead.

"Did your work go well?" You questioned him before peeking at his hands. "And what about strawberries?"

"I got it, ma'am." He handed you the shopper as he walked inside and chuckled at your twinkling eyes before he peeked through your face full of flour. "But… Are you baking a cake or yourself?"

You stopped checking through the shopper and looked up at him. "Huh?"

Baekhyun reached out, brushing his thumb over the corner of your lips and brought it to his lips and your cheeks flushed. "Y-Yah! That's-"

"Too sweet." He scrunched his nose and you tilted your head. "Really? It shouldn't be too sweet though."

"Come on, then." He closed the door behind, before wrapping his arm around your shoulder as he dragged you into the kitchen. "I'll help you then."

"Do you even know how to bake a cake?" You looked at him suspiciously and he gave you an innocent smile. "I'm a really good learner."

"No can do, because I am not ruining mom's cake." You shook your head, sternly and he whined, swinging your arm giving you his famous puppy face. "Let me help, Daisy!"

You fought back the smile forming on your lips as it was getting difficult to not to give in to those puppy eyes for you and he knew it so well that he kept doing it every time.

"Fine."

He grinned widely before taking off his denim jacket and revealed his black shirt underneath while you couldn't help but stare as nowadays you found yourself always staring at him.

As if he noticed it, his lips formed in a smirk and he glanced at you with his head tilting to the side. "If you keep staring at me like that, I might actually do something, Daisy."

You snapped out and looked away blushing at his words and internally screaming for getting caught while he frowned. "Why did you stop? It's okay, you can stare at me all you want, Daisy."

"Stop, just get back to work!" You whined, and he laughed, kissing your temple ever so casually and affectionately. "So? What do you want me to do?"

But you stood stunned for a second and let out a soft sigh. "First… tell me how much of an amount I should add flour?"

He let out a hum, nodding as you took a spoonful of flour and looked at him questionly as he nodded. "I think it's enough."