#1

#1

Puffs her cigarette into the air while staring outside her window.

"Rotimi"

Her mother called.

She sluggishly steps down from the window Frame. Her lips were dark and her eyes dull, you could clearly identify her dark Melanie from her lips. Heads towards the sitting room and stands loose looking at her mother.

"Rotimi, Rotimi are you still smoking?"

"Mommy what is it?"

She said her face wore no smile

"Rotimi stop all this, you're the only girl I have, you will marry oh, Rotimi"

"I rather give my uterus as a gift to the dogs than someone's son"

Femi squeezed his face in disgust

"Femi talk to your sister oh, talk to Rotimi for me"

"ooh oh, mummy why did you call me here?"

She reacted to her mother's speech in anger

Clears throat.

"You better clean your mouth from that nonsense you said"

"Femi, ma ji ki n bu Ori yin oo (Femi, don't allow me to break your head oh)"

She said angrily and she leaves her mother's presence.

"Rotimi, Chief Oluwaseun is coming over to this house, please, be of your best behaviors"

Her mother pleaded

"And he's coming with his friends too"

Her mother added.

"Why? Një o to yipada so idile ti o gbooro bi? ( Is it now turning to an extended family?)"

She said hissing while going upstairs

"Femi, hold your sister please"

"Mommy, Rotimi needs Jesus, jeez! Did you hear what she said? That's very irritating"

Her mother heaves a sigh and leaves Fem in the sitting room. She's indeed tired of Rotimi.

##

Rotimi is eighteen years old, and is already addicted to drugs, she smokes alot, cries a lot, drinks a lot.

Rotimi lost her dad at age seven which indeed left her with a psychological trauma even someone who experienced rape hasn't been through yet. This trauma has made her life useless for eleven years. She loved her dad so much, they were actually like twins, they had that bond

Rotimi is a very beautiful girl with such a lissom melanin for her skin color. Her dark shinned across the heart of every one that saw her. Her eyes were blessed, slit that fits perfectly to the continuation of her nose and her gracious lips. Her hair was thick black, very full and smooth. Her smile lit up the dark, because of her perfect dentition and the brightness it gave. Her fingers were slim and slender, she loved the guitar and piano.

But now, only heavens understand Rotimi. A bright kid who did so well in school, hated and refused to go to school, she had no friends, she lived the rest of her eleven years in tears, sorrow, grief and pain.

She looks at herself at the mirror and coughs.

" Let the nights be, for the dark gives comfort because you can't see, the day brings fear, men are always there to stare. Close your eyes Timi and count to ten; one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten"