LII. Broken heart

Zacznij od początku

Abhi looked at me when he heard me sob. There was a surprised expression on his face along with a sad look in his eyes. I wanted to stop crying as I didn't commit a mistake but I was unable to stop the tears from falling down. I felt his gaze on me, I want to look at his face and read his expressions but I was unable to see his face clearly.

"Don't you dare act-" he started speaking in a low and intimidating voice but he stopped in between when we heard a door open. I immediately turned around and wiped my tears hastily as I heard Karthik's words.

"Sir, Diya is crying non-stop and is not listening to me. I think you need to come and calm her before her health gets spoiled," he informed, making my heart beat rise in fear and anxiety. I turned around immediately and saw Abhi, his expression was full of sadness. He immediately signaled for Karthik to move ahead and he followed him. I followed the duo till the door when Abhi suddenly turned around. He kept looking at me but spoke to Karthik.

"You go near Diya, I will join you in a minute." Karthik looked at me in worry but I kept moving my eyes and blinking them constantly knowing that he was not going to take me with him. From the corner of my eye, I saw Karthik leave with a last glance at me.

Now, we are alone and I am dreading the things he is going to say to me. "You, why would I allow you near my daughter after knowing that you married me only for getting your property? I might be fooled by you and your uncle once; I will not allow this to happen!" He said in a firm voice.

"Uncle?" I asked him confused about whom he was referring to.

"Yes, I believed him and saw him as my inspiration but he betrayed me at last," he said with pain in his words.

"Raghav uncle?" It was a question because he had been my mentor and treated me as his daughter and I always heard him praise Abhi. Then why would he betray Abhi, he will never do that. This must be a misunderstanding. I opened my mouth to speak but Abhi beat me to it.

"Look, I don't have time to speak to you nor I am interested to. I have my daughter to take care of and you can go to your boyfriend your uncle set for you. I don't care what you do but don't show me or my daughter your face. You will get the divorce papers from my lawyers." Saying that he left me there alone in shock.

Again, I am alone in my life. I have nobody with me now and the person I love got hurt by me.

No, I can't let this happen. With an unknown determination, I snapped out of my shocked state. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"I can't leave you, Abhi. I know this is all a misunderstanding and I will clear it then I will show my anger at you. I can't live without you or Diya," saying the words I stepped out of the room and ran towards the elevator.

Luckily, the door opened when I went near it. I got in and pressed the ground floor. The lift stopped two times, it was moving slowly, and I kept on pressing the button for the floor. When the door opened, I flew out and ran out ignoring the onlookers. I reached the main entrance and started searching for his car. I didn't find the car and I started moving.

I searched relentlessly for thirty minutes; still I didn't find his car. I sat on a bench and tried to stop the pain in my heart after I realized that he was not there and he left me to suffer on my one.

"Abhi, why don't you listen to me? You always make assumptions, I thought that today would be the happiest day in our lives, but it became the most horrible day for me," I whispered. I looked down and placed my hand on my stomach. "You father loves you and me little one, he is just stubborn and will never listen to me until he wants to. You don't worry about him, I will convince him and then tell him about you. After knowing about you, your father will forget about me, little one. But that's okay; mama will have your sister to love her." I rubbed my stomach and looked above. "I hope it will happen soon, little one." I said the words into the air.