"Why the hell are you wearing sunglasses at night?" Yoongi said with a dazed expression.

     "Er—it's fashion," Hoseok stammered, still processing his thoughts.

     "Fashion, my ass."

     "It is."

     "I guess looking like a fool is a trend nowadays," Yoongi mumbled to himself. "Anyway, does your sister know you were outside, kid? It's three in the morning, you know."

Hoseok groaned irritatingly and stomped pass him. "Don't call me a kid. We're only a year apart! And don't be hypocritical, Hyung. Does your landlady know where you are right now, too?"

     "Whatever," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Where the hell did you go, anyway? I've been waiting here for eternity."

     "I went clubbing with my friends." Hoseok unlocked the gate and pushed it open. "How about you? What brings you back here after disappearing for ten years?"

     "You're being overdramatic. It's only been three months, idiot." Yoongi corrected, purposely shoving his friend's shoulder as they walked in through the gate.

     "Okay sure but it definitely felt longer for me—like years have passed."

     "The fuck. Are you living in dog years or something?"

     "And if I am?"

     "You'd probably be one of those strays on the streets then," Yoongi joked, reaching the front door.

     "I think we both know here that you're more of a stray than I am," returned Hoseok thoughtlessly while his hand busily dug out the keys from the back pocket of his jeans. As if in a rush, he unlocked the door and pushed it open. When he turned around, he saw the shift in Yoongi's expression. "Oh," he bit his lips out of shame, now realizing his mistake. "I wasn't trying to..."

     Yoongi shrugged as he let himself inside the house first. "You're totally right: I am a stray." He knew exactly where the light switch was so he turned on the lights himself. "I mean like...I've gone from place to place, you know. I've stayed at motels, saunas, here, and now I'm living at a boarding house."

Min Yoongi plopped onto the couch. Hoseok could see that there was something different about his friend tonight. But whatever it was, he chose to not say anything—not right now, at least.

     "Oh yeah," continued Yoongi, laughing by himself. "I almost forgot I was even a live-in partner for a while. That was a shit ass experience. Seriously. The worst. Did I tell you about that?"

     "Mm-hmm," Hoseok nodded, taking out his sunglasses so he could obtain a clearer picture of Yoongi in the light.

     "I literally go anywhere but my actual house."

     "I agree."

They sent each other a glance from across the room.

     "But who would go back there, anyway?" Hoseok said further, looking away."I know I wouldn't."

The twenty two year old sent him a weak smile in return. And in that moment, the small pieces of the puzzle slowly began to fit in. Hoseok understood it a little now—why Yoongi looked so different tonight—why he's back all of a sudden. If there was anything that people should know about Yoongi, it was the fact that Hoseok was the only person who knew this side of him.

     "Is it getting bad again?" The younger figure speculated, approaching the couch and plopping down beside Yoongi.

     Yoongi fell silent for a moment, like he'd just been shot in the leg. He couldn't stand that his friend knew exactly where to target him. "Why is it that you always know, Hoseok?" He said after the pause, sounding frustrated and defeated at the same time.

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara