I (i)

edited & republished on 06.02.22

a/n:
i made a few changes with the plot
and edited most parts. sorry for the long wait.

Episode 1 / Part One:
WHAT GOES ON AT NIGHT

April 15, 19977:27 PMSinchon Boarding House

April 15, 1997
7:27 PM
Sinchon Boarding House

     THE MALACHITE GREEN TREES seemed to be enveloped in a bright sheen under the gloaming moon, drawn like a ghostly-silver disc through the opened window. Burnt sienna eyes roamed the yard and ears listened to the constant yipping of Katydids breaking the stunned silence of spring. Above the two story house, gliding slowly across the sky, rested clouds shaped like tufty pillows which carried an airy, sensational, drizzling rain with them.

The rain energized the Azaleas—which were compellingly left withered under the strangling coldness of winter. The female behind the sheer white curtains suddenly pulled back, immediately releasing her hands from the thin material when she heard a familiar sound behind her.

"It's pretty rare to see rain in Seoul in the month of April."

The young man asserted as he meandered towards her. He leaned closer to the glass frame to watch the droplets of rain run down the glass in a rhythmic pace. Min Yoongi looked even weaker from up close. He was a scrawny looking, slightly-built...worn out twenty-two year old university student. He was dressed loosely in a green and white striped Tommy Hilfiger polo and baggy light washed jeans. His ebony hair was concealed by a black cap and a light blue duffel bag slung over his narrow, squared shoulders.

He had just arrived home from school. Solbitna stood frozen from where she stood. She took the opportunity to steal a quick glance at the boy peering through the slightly drenched window. Although she wished he did, Yoongi never looked back.

"Well, how was your day?" Solbitna asked politely. He leaned away from the frame and brought his attention to her.

Yoongi grunted a little. "I would say fine. I took a test and I think I did pretty well. But..." He brought his hand to his mouth and yawned.

"But?" Solbitna asked with anticipation.

"I really need a nap. I didn't sleep well last night."

Yoongi brought his hand to Solbitna's head and gently ruffled her hair. With a small smile, all he said was: "Call me down when dinner is ready." Then Solbitna watched him climb the narrow steps behind him, his thin back disappearing into the shadows within seconds.

Solbitna walked to the kitchen afterwards. She found her mother singing along to a pop song from the 70s. Mr. Yoon, her father, sat at the corner of the table, pushing his glasses to match his eye level with two fingers.