Liquid fire pooled in my belly. It was like a thousand stars had come alive inside of me, willing Xander to come explore each of them so I could know their brightness intimately.

It felt so right.

His teeth were nipping on my bottom lip, biting and tugging as my hands tangled in his hair. My breathing was heavy when he finally pulled back and soothed my blissfully tormented lips with his own.

His eyes heavy and darkened with need and pure lust floated between us.

"I want more." His dark whisper was like my dark desires that made my thundering heart feel like it'd jump out of my chest.

My soul was screaming out in joy and I answered earnestly.

"Then take it."

He didn't hesitate this time.

Xander's lips crashed against mine and he licked my lower lip while his hands started inching upwards over my stomach. I gave my own self free reign and my hands tugged on his hair, angling as his mouth when he pushed me to open my lips. His tongue slid over mine and I gasped when his wandering thumb grazed the underside of my breasts.

We pulled away for air but my mate went to bury his face in my neck, inhaling deeply and laying hot kisses over the skin. He nipped at the place where Damien's fangs had pierced me and a growl arose from deep within his chest.

I rubbed my thighs together as he mumbled, "You smell delicious, love." He sucked on a spot and my neck arched to give him better access as my chest heaved.

Xander's hands slid to the top of my dress where--

A tearing sound filled my ears and I blinked as cool air met my bare skin.

"Did you just tear my dress from the front?" My whispered question was answered with a grunt as he proceeded to completely get me out of my dress. I blushed, reminding myself I was just a virgin in this life, my men had shown me the dark side of my desires in detail otherwise.

It was easy to take off my dress as it had a long thigh split too but that left me quite bare in front of Xander. His golden eyes dragged over me as he sat up on his knees and unbuttoned the top three buttons of his tunic as if in a daze.

"Beautiful..."

His whisper was reverent and it made my heart swell with fondness.

His knee wedged itself between my legs, spreading them and I let him, anticipation making me almost tremble. His hot touch over my thighs, the callouses of his palm such a rugged contrast to my smooth skin, his whiskers evident enough to scrape against my sensitive skin, his grip on my thighs tightening......

I was almost glad that after my trip from hell, I'd been born anew and the scars from my life as a human slave had vanished. Having been healed by the magic of the healers Xander had ready for me after today's fight was also a blessing.

"Fuck, you're so soft..." He bit the curve of my breast and I cried out in surprise and pleasure.

With my breathing erratic, I took it upon myself to take his shirt off with much delight. Spying the trail of ebony hair that would lead to the treasure of tonight, I made my palms flatten over his bare torso. Xander's breath hitched, our faces close as he leaned down and kissed me senseless again. My exploring hands slid over the scars and the muscles, each one telling a story he would most probably not remember.

I reacquainted myself with the body that had been as familiar to me as my own.

Xander groaned when I planted open mouthed kisses down his defined jawline and neck until I kissed a couple of his scars and willed my tears to leave me alone for today.