Just as the two of them were in a stalemate, Hualian showed up suddenly and pulled open the door, kneeing down and saying decisively, “Young Master, Young Mistress. I would volunteer to put on disguise as Young Mistress and head to the place and probe the situation.”

Though such an action of stepping forward voluntarily might make Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan misunderstand that he was eavesdropping outside the room, Hualian wasn’t regretful to make such a decision at all. As long as he could be useful in this family and do something valuable, he would be much satisfied.

Song Qinghan did not think that Hualian was eavesdropping on them, because it happened that it was just the right time for Hualian to come back and have dinner. Probably Hualian found that no one was in the kitchen and he had to check it out in the room.

He didn’t reject the decision immediately. But just answered in a low voice after a while of consideration, “Do you know that fact that probably you won’t be able to come back after this trip?”

Hualian got his head stuck tightly on the ground as he was still kneeing down, and then he answered decisively, “I know, I know every risk it might post, I, as a loyal servant, would love to bear every possible result myself, I would even accept the death if I have to.”

Hearing that, Song Qinghan sighed and nodded, “Alright then, go and get the cloth of mine.”

After he left, Wu Dahu thought for a moment and frowned, “But how can you follow the carriage? I mean, It’s too late to rent a cart right now.”

Song Qinghan chuckled and bent down to take out a thick hemp rope under the bed. His eyes blinked wisely and then he said slowly, “Since the other party is so secretive, I won’t choose the flagrant way to follow either. I will hang the rope on the back of the carriage and let it drag me to the place, as long as I find something is not in a right situation, I will loosen the rope and get the yamen runners there. Trust me, no one is going to find me.”

Wu Dahu sized up the length of the rope, nodding, and then he rose from the bed, walked out of the room, walked out to the gate together with Hualian who had already gotten his cloth changed.

Such a trip was full of threatening and perilous factors, so they couldn’t bring Yuan Wenxuan and Little Shitou with them now. And in addition, the other party did not mention that they had to bring these two kids. Therefore, Song Qinghan handed Little Shitou over to Yuan Wenxuan and turned to follow Wu Dahu in behind. And then secretly, he got to the back of the carriage and tied the rope.

The carriage, as Song Qinghan guessed, passed through every isolated pathway while evading every main road.

And because of the cheerlessness of the pathway, no one was able to find the nuance as the carriage was running. Even though occasionally there were several passersby noticed such a queer matter, they didn’t shout or scream.

At the very beginning as the carriage started running, it was easy for Song Qinghan to run following the lead by the carriage. But as the carriage gradually sped up, he finally gave up struggling and let the tight rope drag him forwards.

The road was getting more and more remote. When they reached the outskirts, they walked further away. It was only when a dazzling mansion appeared in the area visible to the naked eye that the carriage gradually slowed down.

Song Qinghan stared at the mansion sizing up and down, and then his face assumed an expression of deep hesitation.

He knew now that not every person who lived in the suburban area was an ordinary person without any solid background. Well, he could draw such a conclusion from the deed of Zhai Su. In addition, the obvious magnificence of the mansion had told him the answer: the ones lived in here should be someone who was financially sound man.