Whispers in the Moonlight

I ran out into the woods, despite Sans warnings not too, with the intention of making sure my mate was ok. I knew that it could very well be Horror or whatever instead, but I was prepared for a fight. I won't become that thing. "Red! over here! please hurry!" I swallowed and followed the cries for help. 'Where's the rest of the pack..?' Oh shit. I stopped. It was a trick. I feel like such a dumbass for not thinking of that before. Now I could potentially be cut off from the cabin or lead him to it. Either way wasn't favorable. I'm not safe out in the open though. I'll have to think of a way out of this. Try to get the wolves here. I looked at the trees. 'Can Wendigo's climb?' I wondered. If the can, what would be my next move? I summoned a sharpened bone in either hand and stabbed them into the tree. No point in waiting to be picked off. I'll figure it out as I move along. For now the trees are my best bet. I couldn't here anything aside from the usual noises of Sakonean. I'm fucked.

💞💞💞

I crouched in the tree, trying to stay as small and unseen as possible as I scanned the darkness for any sign of the Wendigo or the Werewolves. It didn't take long.. my eyelights locked onto a large shadow that nearly blended with the darkness of the forest. Until it opened it's eyes... or eye. So large, so bright... so deadly. Horror stepped through canopy, deerlike skull pale in the nearly full moonlight. He made a noise akin to a growl as he locked eyes with me. I was spotted. He whistled and approached the tree, but he didn't start climbing it... he started shaking the damn thing. "what the hell!!! this is so damn lazy big guy!!!" I plunged my attacks into the wood for a better grip while I focused on summoning a blaster. I don't wanna kill him. I really don't. I don't wanna die either. I'm so fucking scared. Not just for myself, but I haven't heard any howls since the sun had set. What if he killed the pack already? Killed Sans? I jumped and landed on the summoned blaster. Tears pricked my sockets. I don't wanna look weak in front of the enemy, but hell if I don't do nothing about this.

💞💞💞

Horror lunged for my blaster. "oh shit!" I jumped as he caught its muzzle, dragging it down. I caught the branch of another tree, luckily, and pulled myself up. I felt my anger growing though. Who the fuck does it think it is? Killing what it wants, when it wants? Making me worried and scared for the love of my life? Well it had another thing coming! I've been wanting to practice this anyway and what better time than when my soul is in danger and I was pissed? I focused on the frozen soul of Horror, willing for my magic to trap it and shove it back. To my utter surprise, his soul became visible to me, encased in a dark blue color. I nearly lost my hold in my shock, luckily I didn't though. I threw him into a tree, already sweating like crazy. I managed to summon a decent sized blaster and aimed it at him. "burn in hell, shithead!" I yelled as it fired. The Wendigo SCREAMED. I watched tiredly as the ice around the soul melted, the body of the beast burning away. That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out from magic exertion.

💞💞💞

Sans heard the scream. 'RED!!' He panicked and bolted, easily picking up the scent of burnt hair and bone. 'No, NO, NO! He left the cabin!' Sans barked for the pack to pick up the pace. He saw Red falling and shifted, jumping to catch his mate. 'Is he infected?!' Sans sniffed for any sort of wound. "WILL HE BE OK..?" Cinnamon asked. "...i don't know.." Sans replied. He couldn't see or smell anything. He wasn't sure what happened. "alpha, we've got horror over here.. he don't.. er, he don't look like a wendigo." Mafia informed. So the spirit left him. Was Red gonna make that transition now? "We should KILL him before he kills us." G growled. "no. we are not killing red!" Sans replied aggressively. " Outer gasped. "what now?" Sans was tense, scared, and not in the mood. "he's alive.. horror's.... alive.." Everyone gave Mafia and Outer their attention. "What..?" G muttered in shock. "ALIVE?" Cinnamon was getting excited. Dance's tail wagged. "red saved him?" Sans looked at his mate. "i'm taking him home." Red really had to stop doing this to him. "put horror in the spare cabin."