Mage Vs Mage

Red wasn't in bed when I woke up. In his place was a note saying how he had a great time and that he'd be training if I needed him. I chuckled and collected my clothes from the floor to change into. I ran a mental list of my duties today. The pack had likely started to clean up the party area from last night so I could check that off. First and foremost I'll see how Red's doing, then I'll check in on our guest, Horror. Along the way I could also send Cinnamon and Dance out to hunt since the party took up most of our food reserves. I could have Mafia and Outer do a patrol and I DEFINITELY need to talk to G. That is long overdue. I looked at my mate mark, smiling fondly, before heading out to find the love of my life in his usual training clearing. "you're looking fine today." Red stopped shooting bones and firing blasters. "i feel great. yer lookin pr'tty fine yerself~" Red replied with a smirk. I blushed at his tone. "ok sweetheart, imma leave you to it. duty calls." We shared a kiss before I left. "'ave a good day, sansy~!" Red called as I walked away, smiling wider.

💞💞💞

I knocked before walking in to see how Horror was doin. He was still out of it for the time being, fast asleep. Outer had checked over the head wound, there was no healing it, and he was no longer a mage to the point that he couldn't physically manifest his magic at all. Only sustain his form. He was extremely malnourished and dehydrated as well. We've been trying to keep some sort of magic in his soul, Dream and surprisingly Nightmare had been coming around to help him out. "if that mate of yours can destroy a wendigo without killing the host, he may have a chance against error. that's something we all need." Nightmare had told me. We've been keeping food next to him for when he did wake up. Mostly Spire Berries and K'eyi Fruit since both were energizers. Since Horror seemed more or less fine, he left to gather his pack and set the days chores to everyone. I shifted and howled. A lot easier than tracking them down individually. "so, should we be expecting an heir soon?" Mafia teased. "oh and where are your young, maf?" I shot back.

💞💞💞

Soon everyone was here except for G. Even Red was here. "so where did he go..?" I asked. "r-r-igh-t he-re-re." A glitchy voice replied. Error emerged from the trees with G entangled within his strings. He was struggling harshly, which was only tightening the strings on him. "f-fu-nn-y-y re-ea-al-ll-ly. i thou-ught he, o-of al-l of y-ou-r pa-ac-ck wou-ld t-e-l-l me wh-ere th-tha-at ma-age w-was.. se-ee-ms hi-s lo-ya-lty is s-stro-ong-er th-an hi-is ha-ate." Error said, glowering at G. "ult-i-mate-ly i h-had to fol-low a dam-n wen-dig-o.. n-ice cere-mony yo-u had, by th-e way, to b-a-d i-m kill-ing him-m now."
"I'm sorry Alpha.. I tried to divert his attention away from your ma- AH!" Error tightened the strings to shut him up. The entire pack growled, shifting. G didn't speak. He'd put aside his hate for Red for the good of the pack! A ping sounded and Error was thrown back by an unknown invisible force as bones tore through the strings with precision. RED?! My mate was untangling G, eyelights darting from the recovering Error to what he was doing. "th-ere you a-are m-ag-e!!" G growled. "Just leave me!"
"ah hell nah, tha's not my style." Red summons blasters to fire at Error, the glitch did the same. I wasn't going to stand by and let Red do all the work. G needed us.

💞💞💞

With a howl, we lunged. Mafia and I went for Error while Cinnamon and Dance would get G out of there and Outer would heal him up. Error created for strings to ensnare us in, but Red was quick to fire. Error couldn't look away from my mate, and it was dangerous to let a wolf get close. He wrapped his strings around some of the trees so he could have a height advantage, firing his blasters at Red. Red blocked with one of his own and Error was effectively able to escape us, which was frustrating and I was very vocal about it. Mafia had to pin me down. Red's blaster looked like it was in bad shape, it couldn't take another hit like that as Red threw bones at Error. Error dodged them with ease. "i-is tha-at a-ll you-ve g-got? pat-the-etic." A ping sounded. "th-is tr-ric-k ag-ah!" Instead of being thrown back or down, he was pulled towards Red, who socked him in his nonexistent gut when he was close enough. And anyone who could get close enough knew what physical touch did to Error. The glitch didn't get back up.

💞💞💞

Red looked a bit disturbed. "i... didn't kill him... did i?" I barked for Mafia to get off me, the wolf complying so I could get up and shift. "no. error is haphephobic he's afraid of physical touch and crashes when he does." I explained. "we should kill him for what he's done to the creatures of the forest." Mafia glowered at Error and growled. "i know he's bad an' tryin ta kill me an' shit, but... we should show mercy. he probably wasn't always crazy. jus'... misguided."
"so what do you suggest we do, red?" Mafia and I both looked to the mage as he pondered the idea.

3 chapters left