Wendigo

"tell me 'bout yerself, sans. i wanna know ya before we, uh, y'know.." Red blushed a bright red. "get married?" I offered to which he nodded. "m'k then.. my dad was the alpha before me, alpha wingdings gaster. our parents died not long after papyrus was born, so he doesn't actually have many memories of them, if any at all. they pack raised us as a whole like we do with all orphaned wolf pups. um... i've known g, outer, and mafia all my life. dance came into the pack a couple years back as a lone wolf." Red gave a reassuring smile, butting his hand on mine. "so ya raised pap on yer own then... uh, kinda? like when ya tucked him in and bathed him when the pack was busy?" I gave a nod. "ya did a real good job with 'im... and your parents... did the same happen to them as with g's?" I shook my head. "no. um... my dad was facinated with how sakonean worked. he and mom often transversed the forest, looking for a way to stop error through the forest itself. they stumbled upon something they shouldn't have and never came back. i only found out something was wrong when everyone forgot who their alpha was." Red hugged me in a tight embrace. "i'm sorry sans.."

💞💞💞

We were like that for awhile, just hugging each other. Red breathed a sigh. "s'pose it's my turn eh? ya only know bits and pieces." I looked at him. "you really don't have to.."
"'m gonna anyway. as ya already know, i'm, er, was a prince. my kingdom was the kingdom of fell. nobody was nice there, nobody cared for anybody. my dad only cared about status and power. to increase it, he was gonna make me marry inta the swapfell kingdom so we could increase our military strength and make more allies if another kingdom invaded. i didn't want ta and its not like anyone really cared anyway, so i ran. edge can be th' king as he always wanted an' i'm free ta live here. win, win." I tilted his head. "You have a brother too?" He nodded. "yep. edge. though we never got along all that well.." Red replied. "had a habit of beatin th' shit outta me. gave me this." He pointed at the cracks above his socket. I flinched and growled. "never again." I nuzzled into him.

💞💞💞

We walked along the Moto, a long river that wound through the Sakonean. It spanned about 2 miles in width. The day was drawing to a close, turning the waters into an orange blaze. That is why it was called the Moto (Fire) River. "damn sans, this is the best date i've ever been on." Red commented as he looked as the 'flaming' water. "what's a date?" I asked curious. "i suppose ya never have dates in a wolf pack.. it's pretty much what we are doin now. hangin out in order ta get to know each other."
"huh. that's interesting." Wolves didn't really do things like dating. They trusted their instinct to find a good and reliable mate, and got married. That's how it's always been. These customs from the Mages world were a nice change of pace. "what else do you do in your world?" Red was about to answer when a whistle cut him off. Both our heads snapped in the direction of the sound, a large beast stood on the other side of the river. My soul dropped in ice cold fear. Horror.

💞💞💞

His fur was a rusty red color with sharp, almost skeletal digits. You could see all of his former form actually, from before the Wendigo spirit took over. He was missing an antler, missing at entire section of his skull, actually with a large, blood red eye staring us down... well staring Red down. Horror whistled again and dropped down to all fours. "red. run." We did. We ran like hell. Red got a head start while I watched to see if Horror was indeed coming. When he jumped into the water, I shifted and took off after Red, grabbing him along the way. "is that him? is that horror?" Red asked to which I nodded. Red hugged onto me tight. "i really don't wanna become that.." I heard the undertones of fear in his voice and lifted my voice to warn the pack. I won't let that thing take Red away. He's my mate! I growled as I broke through the trees and into the camp. The Wolves were gathered, even G was there. Red got off me and I shifted. "don't leave my cabin no matter what ok? wendigos are known for their voice mimicking so if you don't see me, don't follow it."
"ok. ok sans." I kissed the top of his skull. "alright boys, we are going wendigo hunting."