Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now

Start from the beginning

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket so I picked it up answering not caring who it was. "Hello?"

"Cem, uh-what's up?"

"Hunter can't stay away from me for more than 10 minutes without checking up on me?" I giggled turning away from my friends who were gagging. Sage and the Aurie Colton were 'Awing'.

"Nah, you know I need my hourly dose of you," I rolled my eyes at his sickly sweet comment. He sure did know how to coat it on thick. "I just needed to check on you. Ryan's being annoying."

"Oh, yeah he's been talking to me but he doesn't really bother me anymore." I shrugged even though I knew he could see me at the moment.

"Just checking in on you." He sighed and waited for me to end the call.

"Love you Hunter," I spoke because I did.

"I-See you later Cem."

"Say it back idiot!" I heard Tristan say on the line before the phone hung up. I've come to terms with the fact that he can't say it back over these few months. In time he will, rather he believes it or not.

***

After quick shopping we decided where we were going to eat at before and if we were going to After Prom or not. We decided to skip it and instead go hang out at Tristan's house since it was always abandoned or go to the beach; either or was up for grabs.

The week floated by and my Uncle always came to check on me on Wednesdays at 5 pm for the last couple of weeks. He came in asked how school was going, how I was going, and how my friends were then he kept it moving. He's been strange. And when I asked my parents they shrugged and said that he's been working on a big case lately. Which made me uncomfortable seeing as my boyfriend was his sworn enemy.

When the date of prom finally came up I was fluttering around my room setting things out to get ready, knowing Reylor and Anna would be over soon to get ready with me.

Reylor prance in still in her Pjs and Anna was in a robe. I was the only one dressed for the day even though I was about to put on my dress.

Anna straightened my hair which I'm glad she came early because it took hours and she added a cuffed curled finish to my ends, she wore her down with a side part, and Reylor had a messy but elegant bun that was at the lower base of her head.

Once we were finally made up and dressed it was about 5:30 so we were cutting it close on our dinner reservations. We drove Reylor's car to meet them at an expensive restaurant that I couldn't pronounce and we ate there.

Our conversations as always playful and light banter as always.

"Noo, Reylor is definitely the stupid one." Peter tried but Reylor gave him a quick 'yeah right' look.

"Let's be serious and just admit that if we're going with the less book smarts it would be Tristan."

"What?" I asked, "Noo, it has to be Jeremy." I voiced shocked that Tristan would come up.

"Just because he looks stupid doesn't mean he really is." Anna laughed then added, "Nah, the boy has common sense. Just lacks math and science skills." Jeremy pouted off to the side glaring something strong at us all.

Tristan shrugged, "I admit my faults because there aren't many of them." That caused him to get several fries thrown at him.

"Well Hunter cant sing. That's for damn sure." I chuckled trying to stick a fry in my mouth only to have it slapped out of my hand by Hunter.

"We should have pre-warned you about that atrocity he calls a voice. He's better off mouthing the words." Cj pitched in with a grimace on his face.

"I'm sorry that everyone cant sing Mr. David Archuleta." Hunter griped feigning to be mad at us.

"I sung that song I Wanna Know You, one time! And you never let it down, that shit was catchy." Cj countered, his eyes squinting across his tight brown skin.

"Ahh Hannah Montana days!" I sighed with a smile.

***

We arrived to Prom in style. Well in the Jeep which I personally loved. It was a part of who we are as a group.

Walking in on Hunter's arm as his girlfriend was something that if you told me at the beginning would happen then I would've told you that you were crazy. But here I was actually happy.

Kristofferson was sitting at a table with a group of girls fawning over his every word. When I passed he winked and I just rolled my eyes. Hunter pulled me closer and chuckled at the exchange. Hunter was confident from the beginning that Kris was nothing for him to worry about because he was harassing more than charming.

The Dj greeted our senior classes and then turned up the cupid shuffle and I mean practically no one could refuse the cupid shuffle so we all hustled on the dance floor.

Peter slipped and fell trying to do the "and kick part" too high and we laughed at his shamed face. He got up complaining about his butt and limped over to the nearest chair. Being cute, girls rushed to his aid to see if he was alright.

When a slow song came on Hunter pulled me close with a small smile on his face. "There's a different kind of cold to your December."

"We're in California, our December's are warm."

"I don't know, they were pretty chilly at first. I needed to wear a jacket at least."

"But I'm pretty sure you're hot now?" Our play on words was flirty and sparking. I loved the tension it gave us.

After a night of child antics, dancing, yelling at each other and pictures we decided to head to Tristan's house for a little while.

Hunter pulled me to the side while the group kept walking he pushed me against the wall and leaned his head down.

 "I love you December," Hunter whispered and he's heard me say it plenty of times so there was no need to utter it again. I'd just show him instead. I wrapped my arms around his torso and his hands lowered themselves comfortably. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

My Uncle was standing in the parking lot and he was staring right at Hunter and I who'd just got out of a passionate lip-lock.

Uh-oh

My prince charming didn't come riding on a horse. He didn't even come riding in. In fact he ran to me literally. He's not even all that charming... okay well maybe he is, a little too much in fact. At first I was angry I want to push him away I tried for the longest. I have a bad boy with the sweet side. A contradiction maybe, but then again he's a contradiction within himself.

Random thought at a time like this but it came to mind.

I'm sure it's because all Hell was about to break loose and I was afraid that this wasn't something that even Hunter could be calm and prepared for.

"Kinda stuck on you, you know I fucks with you. He said he loves me because I'm loyal. He fuckin with me cuz I'm loyal."-Kehlani, FWU

What do you think the Uncle's going to do? What about Hunter telling her he loves her? How do you think Ryan will come into play during all of this?

THE TWO NEW STORIES ARE UPPPP!!! GO CHECK THEM OUT!!! THE BUISNESSMAN'S SURROGATE AND CONSORTING JORDAN!!!!! PLEASE GO COMMENT AND VOTE AND SHARE THEM!

COVER CONTEST!: If you can make me a cover that I absolutely love for Consorting Jordan and The Business Man's Surrogate.

IF YOU WIN YOU GET:

1. A Shout out + a dedication in CD and the new story

2. I will read a chap of your story and tell you what I think

3. Any hints you want about the ending of CD or the Beginning of one of the new stories!

SO ENTER NOW!!!! You can send me the link through here by uploading them to tinypic, tumblr, photobucket, twitter, ect. OR you can email me at lalamusicismewatt@gmail.com Due April 18th.

SAMPLE PICS ON MY PROFILE!!!!

REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT THE NEW STORIES!!!!!