Fifteen

I walk into the hairdressers and smile at the girl working behind the register smiles at me.

“Do you have an appointment?” She asks and I nod.

“It’s for Magdalena von Lossow.” I tell her and she nods.

“Greta will be out in two minutes to get you.” She smiles so I sit down on one of the waiting chairs.

As the girl said, my hairdresser Greta walks in.

“Hi Magdalena!” She says enthusiastically making me smile.

“Hi Greta.” I follow her to a chair and sit down and let her play about with my hair.

“So what do you want to do with your hair?” She asks and I bite my lip and look at her in the mirror.

“I think I want to go shorter.” I say and she gasps.

“Really?” She asks and I nod. “Okay, I remember seeing you one minute with long hair and then you leave for England and then come back to me with short hair and now you want it shorter?” She asks and I nod. “How short?”

“Like up to here?” I hold my hands to just in the middle between my chin and my ear. “And can I have some layers put in?” I ask and she nods.

“Of course.” She smiles and then walks me over to wash my hair.

Once I’m all washed she takes me back to the chair and immediately starts cutting my hair.

I don’t even regret it slightly. When I first got my hair cut in England I started crying as she took my hair in a ponytail and then snipped it all off.

But now I’m smiling as I watch the ends of my shoulder length bob come off and fall to the floor. A change. A good change.

Half an hour later Greta finishes making me smile and touch my still wet, yet shorter hair.

“Do you like it?” She asks and I nod.

“I love it.” I say, still smiling so wide.

“Okay, I’ll just blow dry it and style it for you.” She then goes and gets a hair dryer and some straighteners.

She dries my hair quickly and then she straightens it and styles it in a choppy layered away.

“I love it.” I smile wide as I touch my new hair.

“I’m so happy you like it.” Greta smiles and then I go over and pay for my new hair.

“Again, thank you so much.” I smile and give her a hug.

“See you soon.” We both shout at the same making us laugh and then I leave and got down the streets aimlessly.

---------------------------

Books. Books are literally my life. That’s probably why I’m sitting right now in a book store reading the synopsis of the books which are stacked up in the basket.

I’m not joking.

I have at least a dozen books in here.

I struggle to narrow my choices down but eventually I’m able to narrow it down to five books. I walk slowly towards the checkout but still browse through the bookshelves.

Finally, I arrive at the checkout and have a little chat with the girl behind the counter before I take my plastic bag and head out of the shop.

But as I leave I bump into someone when they’re coming in.