Fifteen

San walked into the store the next morning, and there Wooyoung was, sitting behind the counter.

"Good morning." San announced his presence, even though the wind chime hanging behind the door made it obvious that someone came in.

"Good morning."

"I brought breakfast and coffee."

"Thank you."

San kept watching the other as they ate in silence. It was clear to him that he was upset and uncomfortable.

And who could blame him?

After finishing breakfast and turning the door sign to 'open', customers started coming in and out, busying both boys.

San had to admit the store got busier since Wooyoung started working in it.

"You're really attracting customers." San chuckled.

"What?"

"The store has never been this busy."

"How come it's me?"

"Well I guess...it's either everyone is crushing on you, or you're the lucky charm."

Wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows. "Crushing on me? What's special about me?"

"Oh, you haven't noticed how they're trying to get you're attention...you're really attractive."

Wooyoung blushed, touching his now warm cheek. "I am..? I don't remember what I look like..."

San smiled. "You really are." He turned his attention to another customer that came in.

But he didn't look happy.

"I ask for a colorful collection and you give me an all white one?!" He threw the white rose bouquet at the counter.

"Sir please, calm down." San tried.

"No! I want my money back!"

"Sir, you need to explain to us what happened, you might be mistaken."

"I called last night and ordered a colorful bouquet of different types of flowers, and this morning I received this white roses one!"

San sighed, finally understanding what happened. "Yes, we're sorry about that, we'll fix it right now."

Just as he was speaking, they received a phone call, and soon San heard the person on the other line yelling at Wooyoung.

"Y-Yes...here's the manager..." The blind boy stuttered and handed the phone to San.

San had to hold the phone away from his ear because of how loud the other person was.

"Yes, ma'am...yes, we understand...we're sorry about that mistake, we'll fix it for you right away."

"Fix mine first!" The customer who complained first banged his hands on the counter, making both boys flinch.

"Yes, sir." San quickly began moving and wrapping a new bouquet for him.

"And here's your money, sir. We're sorry again." San bowed respectfully.

Wooyoung began chewing on his lip, afraid of getting scolded, but San had no time for that as he immediately started preparing another bouquet to fix the second wrong one, then helping more customers.

He also found another mistake in the phone orders.

"I'm sorry..." Wooyoung mumbled when the shop was quiet again.

San sighed, burying his face into his hands, he knew three mistakes in one day would bring down his sales.

"It's okay."

But he couldn't get mad at Wooyoung. He told himself that he felt sorry because the boy is blind and is doing his best, but the truth is that he simply couldn't be mad or upset at him, he couldn't bring himself to even scold him.

Maybe he liked him too much.

The evening passed very quiet. Wooyoung too embarrassed and guilty to talk, and the other too upset and discouraged.

"I'll see you tomorrow." San locked the door and went home, feeling a bit bad for making the other feel guilty, but also disappointed with the amount of mistakes that happened.

He laid in bed and stared at the ceiling.

Something suddenly occurred to him.

He hasn't talked to his deceased boyfriend in so long.

He used to lay a red rose next to him in bed  and talk all night about his day.

But ever since he got closer to Wooyoung, he had a lot less contact with his original Wooyoung.

He sighed, closing his eyes and trying to fall asleep after that long tiring day.

And as soon as he did, his phone rang.

With closed eyes and a groan, he grabbed his phone and picked up.

"Hello?"

A sniffle

"Hello?" He repeated.

A hiccup

This time San was more alert. "Who is this?"

"S-San..."

San frowned, quickly sitting up. "Wooyoung? Are you okay? What happened?"

"Can you come?"

Without even answering, San got out of bed, grabbed a jacket and ran out to the car without even changing.

He unlocked the back door and went inside to the storage room. "Wooyoung?!"

Turning on the light, he saw Wooyoung curled up on his mattress and crying into his knees.

He saw him perking up upon hearing his arrival. "San?"

San knelt down by him. "Are you okay?"

Wooyoung reached his hands out to try and find him.

"I'm here, I'm here." He held his hands.

The crying boy breathed out, gripping his hands tightly. "You're here...I thought you hung up on me..." he hiccupped.

San closed his eyes with a sigh, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him tightly with no hesitation.

Wooyoung went quiet and held his breath as he was embraced, finding himself gradually relaxing and melting into the other's strong warm arms.

"I don't know what happened...but nothing can hurt you when you're with me..." San quietly and genuinely assured.

It made Wooyoung's eyes widen and well up with tears again.

It was so nice to feel safe and protected.

Something he's never felt since losing his sight.

His cold hands slowly gripped the other's jacket, and his eyes closed.

San slightly smiled to himself when he felt him leaning into his hug and relaxing. "You're safe..." he whispered, closing his eyes as well.

They stayed like that and lost track of time.

It felt like the world stopped and went quiet to let them have their moment.

They both needed each other at that moment and they both knew and understood it.

Nothing could separate them.

At least not tonight.

**************************
A/N: kinda wanna leave them like that forever