Six

San couldn't help but gasp loudly.

The sharp sound of the intake of air made the blind guy even more confused.

"What? Are they scary? Really ugly? Or do you know me?"

San gulped. "Y-You..."

The blind guy quickly put his sunglasses back on, feeling ugly and self conscious.

San took a moment to process what he's seen.
"You..." he took a deep breath. "Wooyoung..." his eyes filled with tears just by saying the name.

"Who?"

San went with his instincts and tightly hugged the homeless man, crying on his shoulder. "Baby...baby I missed you so so much..."

"What the hell?!" The man aggressively pushed San away. "Let me go!!"

San wiped his eyes. "Why..why baby..." he cried desperately.

"I'm not your baby! I barely know you!!"

San swallowed the lump in his throat. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...you just...you..it's you..."

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"My boyfriend!"

"What?! I'm not your boyfriend!"

San buried his face into his hands to bring himself back into reality.

Wooyoung is dead
Gone for good
This guy just looks like him
Just identical to him
Snap out of it san!

San reminded himself of the hard truth.

"I'm sorry...you look exactly like my boyfriend who passed away in a plane crash..."

"I don't care about your story...please leave and never come back."

San looked at him with begging eyes. "Why? Please..."

Even if this guy isn't his gone lover, he still wants to at least be able to see him.

"Please, I'm begging you...I need-"

"No! You're creeping me out."

"Alright..." San reluctantly stopped begging and pulled himself up. "I'm sorry again..."

He made his way back home filled with so much pain and disappointment.

He couldn't stop himself from crying.

He was sobbing as he walked and didn't care if anyone saw him or bumped into him.

"Wooyoung..." he cried out as he threw himself onto the bed. "Wooyoung!!" He screamed into the pillow.

Why couldn't it be like that?
Why couldn't that guy just be Wooyoung?
Why couldn't he just magically come back to his life like that?

But life's not always that happy or that nice.

The homeless guy also laid down on the ground , curling up into a ball to try and keep himself warm in the cold of the night.

He fell asleep, not peacefully though.
It was never warm enough.
It was never safe enough.
And never comfortable enough.

Will that San guy come again?

He asked himself.

It was nice to have someone have enough interest to come back to see him every evening.

He had no identity and no home or family.

He was simply no one.

So it was only logical that no one cared about him.

.

.

.

The next morning came and San was still awake.

He didn't sleep a second.

His eyes were almost closed from how puffy and tired they were. His lungs and ribs were hurting from how much and how loud he cried.

He just laid there, hugging his dead boyfriend's pillow and staring blankly at the wall.

"If only...if only I didn't take the necklace..."

San blamed himself over and over again.

It's been a year already and he still blamed himself for taking the necklace from Wooyoung.

"I don't deserve to be alive..."

He grabbed his phone when the alarm went off.
"Shut up...I never needed your annoying sound when Wooyoung was here..."

He stared at the wallpaper,

It was from thier friend's outdoors birthday party

It was such a nice day...

San remembered comparing Wooyoung to the beautiful weather and the bright sun and the other blushed while trying to hide it with his high pitch laugh and playful nudges.

"All days have become dark now..."

He sighed deeply upon his inability to cry anymore.

He didn't work that day and just spent it in bed, suffering on his own. He didn't answer any phone calls or texts.

Seonghwa was worried about him that he ended up going over to his place.

San didn't want to open the door, but the annoying repetitive ringing of the bell irritated him and forced him to get up.

"What is it?!"

"Why aren't you answering your phone? Do you know how worried I was?!"

Seonghwa scolded when he was sure his friend was still alive, but he could tell he was up all night crying about the only thing he cries about.

"I don't want to deal with anything or anyone."

Seonghwa sighed. "San-"

"Hyung, please...you know there's nothing you can do..."

The taller walked in without permission and made his way to the bedroom.

It was a total mess.

And even though Seonghwa hated messy places, he ignored it and grabbed San's phone from the bed and unlocked it.

"What are you doing-" San followed. "What the hell hyung."

Seonghwa played that voice message.

The most painful one.

But he didn't play it all, he knew what part he wanted San to hear.

He knew that San hadn't even played it a second time after what happened.

He couldn't.

San went hysteric whenever their -his and Wooyoung's- chat even accidentally just opened.

But Seonghwa knew what he was doing.

So he played it.