sixteen

Sailing to Singapore where the first part of their plan to save Jack would be put into place took a while. Tortuga and Singapore were far from being close to each other and Six quickly became certain that she would be killed by someone else on their ship, likely Barbossa, before they even arrived at their first destination.

Six and Barbossa argued with each other extremely often and pulled guns and swords at each other at least once a week. Both wanted to be the person in charge of the ship and had their own arguments for why it should be them in charge. The others on the ship had all quickly decided to not take sides with either pirate and only got involved in their fighting when weapons were taken out to make sure that neither killed the other.

Barbossa would argue that he should be the one in charge because it was thanks to him they were on the rescue trip to save Jack and he was also the more experienced pirate and had been a captain of a ship for far longer than Six ever had been. Six argued that it was her brother that they were trying to save and that there was absolutely no way that Jack would be okay with the idea of Barbossa leading the rescue mission for him.

Six had easily accepted letting Barboossa keep the captain quarters because she had no problem sleeping in the crew quarters and because Barbossa was old and probably wouldn't be able to sleep in the hammocks of the crews quarters which was something she had made sure to mention multiple times and had gotten a gun or sword pointed at her by Barbossa multiple times for as well.

It was late one night and Six was the only one left awake as it was her turn to handle the wheel. Six, Barbossa, Gibbs, Anamaria and Cotton were the only ones trusted to steer the ship, that had been one of the only things Six and Barbossa had managed to agree on and five of them took turns steering on rotation.

Cotton or Gibbs were usually the ones to take their turn at the wheel over the hours of the night but that night Six had agreed to take over for Cotton because the previous day he had fallen sick and it had only gotten worse. He needed the extra rest and staying up for half the night in complete control of the ship was not helping him rest or get better at all.

Cottons usually shift honestly wasn't terrible, it was far better then Gibbs who took over after the man usually. Cotton took the wheel from sometime after dinner was eaten until the middle of the night when Gibbs took over so that he could sleep until morning. He still got around the same amount of sleep as the rest of the crew and just missed the hours of the late evening and early into the night the crew would spend drinking, talking, telling stories and singing all together. Some nights they would bring their end of the day fun onto the deck so that the person behind the wheel would be included to some extent but most nights they stayed below deck.

The night was calm and peaceful and Six found herself enjoying it more than her usual first thing in the morning turn behind the wheel. She was the only one on deck and besides the occasional laughter or shout that would come from below deck when someone grew slightly too loud, the night was silent.

Seeing through the dark to make sure they didn't crash into anything was the main challenge but they had been sailing in the middle of the ocean for days without having seen any signs of land so Six wasn't too worried about the chances of them hitting land suddenly throughout the night.

Six hadn't gotten much time alone to think over the days she had been on the small ship. Her days were spent busy working around the ship and talking with the others aboard, mostly Will or arguing with Barbossa. When night came she spent time with the crew before returning to the crew's quarters for the night where she quickly fell asleep every night. But that night she was alone and had to be awake which allowed her thoughts to take over for the first time in a while.

She couldn't believe that she had spent three months on land in Tortuga. Though she knew she had enjoyed it during her time there, Six couldn't imagine doing it again or even how she had enjoyed it. The sea was where she was meant to be and she was beyond happy to be sailing again, even if Barbossa refused to let her be the designated captain of the ship.