nine

"Excuse me" said Jack as he pushed his way through the crowd of Barbossa's crew members gathered in front of the piece of ground Barbossa was standing on with Will bent over the chest of medallions. The knife held to Will's throat making Six freeze in her tracks for a second before she continued to follow Jack closer to the front of the crowd.

"Six" Will breathed as his eyes landed on her and Jack, now standing near the front of the crowd.

"And me" exclaimed Jack.

"S'not possible" said Barbossa in disbelief as he looked at Six and Jack calmly standing amongst his crew members.

"Not probable," Jack corrected.

"But probable enough for it to happen becuase-" Six paused as she gestured to herself and Jack "it has happened.

"Where's Elizabeth" Will asked.

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. Six is back just like she promised. And you get to die for Elizabeth, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really except for Elizabeth and Six who are, in fact, women" Jack explained as he took a few small steps forwards.

"Shut up! You're next" stated Barbossa as he moved his weapon, which he had moved away in shock when Jack and Six had shown up back towards Will's throat.

"You don't want to be doing that, mate" said Jack.

"No, I really think I do," said Barbossa as he looked at Jack.

"Your funeral" Jack shrugged.

"Why don't I want to be doing it?" asked Barbossa, moving the sword slightly away from Will's throat.

"Well, because" said Jack pushing the hand of one of the crew members who had grabbed his shoulder away as he began to walk forwards

"Because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy, is floating just offshore. Waiting for you." Six finished for him.

"Just hear me out, mate. You order your men to row out to the Dauntless. They do what they do best. Roberts your Uncle, Fannies your Aunt, there you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet. Course you'll take the grandest as your flagship, and who's to argue? But what of the Pearl. Name me Captain, I'll sail under your colors, I'll give you ten percent of me plunder and you get to introduce yourself as Commodore Barbossa. Savvy?" Jack continued as he walked right over to where Barbossa was standing so that he was at the side of the chest.

"I s'pose in exchange, you want me not to kill the whelp" asked Barbossa.

"The random boy we picked up at port?" Six asked, playing into Jack's act as she walked up to join them.

"By all means, kill the whelp. Just not yet. Wait to lift the curse until the opportune moment. For instance" Jack explained as he picked up a handful of medallions from the chest "after you've killed Norrington's men. Every" he dropped a medallion back "last" he dropped another "one" he dropped one more before slipping the last one still in his hand into his pocket undetected by Barbossa but not missed by Will and Six.

Six had been watching Will and was fairly certain she could see the exact moment that he caught onto at least some of their plan as the look in his eye changed.

"You've been planning this from the beginning" Will exclaimed suddenly "Ever since you learned my name"

"Yeah" Jack nodded with a small shrug.

"I want fifty percent of your plunder," Barbossa decided.

"Fifteen," stated Jack.

"Forty"